HAL loves Devon White

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bkeat23

HAL loves Devon White

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 12:07 pm

I love Devo as well. $1.79 for great D and very good speed, switch hitter, love him in the $60M leagues. Bat him 9th, take the .220 BA happily. 3 game injury only.

But, when anyone else in the small ball lineup gets hurt, HAL sticks White in the 4 slot, killing many a rally with the lowest BA and OBP on the team.

Here's the last completed team that endured this:
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1437886

I don't expect a fix, but has anyone else used White on a team such as this and had HAL drop him into the cleanup spot when an injury lets HAL make the lineup? I have the backups set in the lineups, and those execute properly, the batting order just gets switched around to nonsense.

Thanks.

rburgh

Re: HAL loves Devon White

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 8:21 pm

Supposedly, HAL has a way to calculate your "optimal" lineup. I'm not sure, but I think it likes to put the guy with the most HR power there, which would seem to point toward Devon in a small-ball lineup.

bkeat23

Re: HAL loves Devon White

PostThu Dec 01, 2016 10:54 am

rburgh wrote:Supposedly, HAL has a way to calculate your "optimal" lineup. I'm not sure, but I think it likes to put the guy with the most HR power there, which would seem to point toward Devon in a small-ball lineup.

I see your point, but it's like putting Rob Deer in front of Wade Boggs. :D

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats