No Yanks and Ruth Multi-Franchise League 5

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

luker1971

No Yanks and Ruth Multi-Franchise League 5

PostTue Nov 22, 2016 10:03 pm

2 spots left:

Description: Pick one from A sided franchises listed-Indians or Phillies Then pick one from B sided franchise: Marlins/Rays or Rangers or Padres or Brewers. NO franchises can be duplicated. The Yankees, including BABE RUTH (I know he played for RedSox and Braves) and NeL players can not be picked! You can pick up any player that played for your franchises. Example: Roger Maris has only a Yankee card but since he played for the Yanks, Indians, A's, and Cards those franchises can pick him up. You can have a Yankee player that played for your franchise except-Babe Ruth. NeL players can not be drafted unless they played for your franchise. I believe Paige, W. Brown and Trouppe are the only guys to play for a franchise. If you get a NeL player or a Yankee (who didn't play for your franchise including Ruth) you must drop them before waivers. Now here is the fun part. All left over Yankee players and NeL players will be available for the waiver draft and FA including Babe Ruth. Could be interesting if you have the first pick in waiver draft-do you go Ruth, Gibson, Mantle? Depends on your current team. Trades are OK but by opening night the only players that can be on your team are the ones that played for your 2 franchises and after the waiver draft any Yankee and NeL player. You must also choose a ballpark that one of your two franchises played in. PLEASE read the rules and if you have any questions let me know. Want to make it a fun league with a little twist. PLEASE make sure you have your franchises in your team name so we don't have problems. Thanks

FRANKMANSUETO

Re: No Yanks and Ruth Multi-Franchise League 5

PostWed Nov 23, 2016 10:07 am

Are the Indians available? On your available teams left you have Cleveland or Philadelphia from side A. I entered a team and saw a Cleveland named team. I pulled my team out. Please advise.

budabear78

PostWed Nov 23, 2016 11:24 am

I think the Indians are taken. Philly and Cincy are the available A side teams.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostWed Nov 23, 2016 12:28 pm

Just to be clear. Is it ANY player that played for your Franchise whether he is carded or not?

drfreeze49

PostWed Nov 23, 2016 12:51 pm

FRANKMANSUETO wrote:Just to be clear. Is it ANY player that played for your Franchise whether he is carded or not?

Yes Frank...Phils .or .Reds coupled with one of the remaining "B" sided teams will be very formidable...I know u love those Reds
Last edited by drfreeze49 on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

budabear78

PostWed Nov 23, 2016 1:08 pm

Sorry Frank - you cannot take the Phillies AND Red, those are the available A sided teams. You can take ONE of them, then choose from the remaining B side teams - San Diego Padres, Texas Rangers, Milwaukee Brewers, or Tampa Rays/Florida Marlins (as a tandem).

And yes, ANY player that ever played a game for those 2 (or 3 in the case of Tampa/Florida) franchises which you choose.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats