BEWARE joining live drafts that nomadbrad

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

rburgh

Re: BEWARE joining live drafts that nomadbrad

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 12:13 pm

And another guy joins the "please donate me a couple of credits" club. Bmcgruder has created a 24 team $999 million cap league with the following rules.

Choose an expansion team from the 26 available (there are actually 29 teams but AZ, COL and FL don't have enough players to form a team). The team you select will be followed by "exp" (Ex: NYY-exp). Use your team's MLB city and nickname (Boston Red Sox instead of B-town Beaneaters), and choose a stadium your team played in. We'll have a randomized waiver draft to choose players from the 5 teams not selected. Once the season starts, any player not on a roster is a free agent. For players who appear on the rosters of more than one team, that player's highest salary determines the team with first rights on that player (Babe Ruth has a 9-mil season with Bos but a 10-mil season with NY, the Yanks get dibs). Finally, will make an effort to form two divisions of NL teams and two divisions of AL teams to have an AL/NL World Series.

Of course, he made the first pick. Somehow he decided to select the Dodgers, who have a decent offense and Sutton, Kershaw, Greinke, and Nomo. Plus their pen has Brewer and decent depth. Fortunately for those of us who think this kind of stuff should be banned, they're up to 16 teams, but the best remaining franchises are the Mets, Jays, Rangers, Royals, and Brewers and I doubt there are many guys in this group who think they could build competitive teams from that collection.

The Last Druid

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 7:48 pm

No credit has been forthcoming. Can't say I'm surprised. Can't contact SOM by email, just get failure notices and have never won a free credit in their "random" monthly credit give a ways created when TSN cut them loose. At least the near useless team autodrafted for me is somehow 4-2.

I wouldn't ban the "come join my league themes" where the creator ensures they get the best theme for themselves. Just want folks to be clear about what they are getting in those situations, they can certainly choose to have playing fields that are less than level.

supertyphoon

Free credit?

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Garcia's Blog 9/30/15- Mystery Set Common Questions
PostFri Sep 30, 2016 8:29 am

Hi guys,

Sorry I wasn't able to make a post yesterday but I hope you'll be ok with a Friday morning post instead. Luckily we do have a good one with 5 users winning a free credit to Baseball 365!

rustystaub
coolhandlewke
Jforgach21
gsnsn2
The Last Druid

Congrats guys!

The Last Druid

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 8:49 pm

Cool. Wasn't aware of it.

rburgh

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah, I should have said avoided or shunned instead of banned. But the only franchises with real shots at winning a league like that are the Yankees, Cards, Dodgers, Red Sox, and maybe the Reds if they can grab enough free agent pitching. The other franchises have way too many holes to fill.

rburgh

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 9:13 pm

By the way, Druid, are you aware that support is now 365support@... instead of support@...?

The Last Druid

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 9:25 pm

It depends on the conditions, especially if they are pairing franchises and if the cap is low enough. But I think that when the guy creating the league gives himself the pick of the teams, probably the motives are less than altruistic and caution should be exercised before jumping into such leagues. The Giants are probably playable too if they can improve on Bancroft or Jackson as SS, Williams or Lindstrom at 3b. Kent and Frisch at 2B. The core of Bonds, Mays, McCovey, Ott, Posey and their reasonable starting pitching could be quite competitive under the right circumstances. But it is odd that they can't even field an 8M player at 3 of the 4 infield positions, given how long they have been around.
Last edited by The Last Druid on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Last Druid

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Just used the link on the contact us:

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<%20365support@strat-o-matic.com>:
Remote host said:
554 5.7.1 <%20365support@strat-o-matic.com>: Relay access denied
[RCPT_TO]

rburgh

PostWed Oct 12, 2016 11:09 pm

looks like you might have a leading space in there erroneously. That's the %20, and it may be screwing it up for you.

rburgh

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 8:14 pm

Dadof5 is at it again. His current scam is called "Alphabet Soup." You pick a letter and can't get anyone whose name starts with the same letter until waivers run, But unless you have B, R, G, or M, you have no shot. Guess what, those letters are all taken. Join the league at your own peril.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats