140M DH Franchise themed league - 2 spots left!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

TefJ

140M DH Franchise themed league - 2 spots left!

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 3:51 pm

Hello,

We'd like to have a franchise ATG league, with the option to include up to 3 Negro League players per team. 140M league with a DH. Pick your franchise below, and if you want players from the Negro League, simply put them as one of your top 3 picks, or lower if you're gunning for a player on another team (Babe Ruth was on the Red Sox!). After waivers, if you didn't get who you wanted, you can replace them with another player from the Negro Leagues who didn't get drafted, or from your original franchise. You must play in some version of your franchise's park.

1. TefJ - Boston Red Sox
2. bvargus - Los Angeles/Brooklyn Dodgers
3 Sirmovie21 - New York Yankees
4 rzepernick - Pittsburgh Pirates

I will create the league and post a password here when we're all full.
Last edited by TefJ on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:52 am, edited 6 times in total.

doug_tucker10

Re: 140M DH Franchise themed league - 8 spots left!

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Hello,

We'd like to have a franchise ATG league, with the option to include up to 3 Negro League players per team. 140M league with a DH. Pick your franchise below, and if you want players from the Negro League, simply put them as one of your top 3 picks, or lower if you're gunning for a player on another team (Babe Ruth was on the Red Sox!). After waivers, if you didn't get who you wanted, you can replace them with another player from the Negro Leagues who didn't get drafted, or from your original franchise. You must play in some version of your franchise's park.

1. TefJ - Boston Red Sox
5 doug_tucker10 - St Louis Cardinals

TefJ

Re: 140M DH Franchise themed league - 7 spots left!

PostTue Aug 30, 2016 7:05 pm

Bump!

joker329

PostWed Aug 31, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello,

1. TefJ - Boston Red Sox
6Rick A(Joker)- NY/SF Giants

drfreeze49

Re: 140M DH Franchise themed league - 6 spots left!

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 1:13 pm

???? 1. Are player choices any one who played for a specific franchise ie Maris played for Cards A's Indians and Yanks but only carded to Yankees.......or is it card dependent...Thanks 2. If a player has a card for two teams ie Pete Alexander Phils Cards who has priority can you use either card

Thanks

TefJ

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 pm

My understanding is that only 1 card per player is allowed in the league. Thus, people will be competing for some players, as well as the Negro League players. I think, though, that there ought to be multiple ways to build a team, so if you put the contested players first and don't get them, you can still approach the cap. I could try to poach Ruth from the Yankees team, but he'd still get to 140M, and I would too, if I didn't get him.

Make sense?

budabear78

PostThu Sep 01, 2016 3:57 pm

I'd like to join and take the Cubs.

joker329 wrote:Hello,

1. TefJ - Boston Red Sox
7 budabear78 - Chicago Cubs

TefJ

Re: 140M DH Franchise themed league - 5 spots left!

PostMon Sep 12, 2016 12:33 am

Bump!

Musial6

PostMon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 am

TefJ wrote:My understanding is that only 1 card per player is allowed in the league. Thus, people will be competing for some players, as well as the Negro League players. I think, though, that there ought to be multiple ways to build a team, so if you put the contested players first and don't get them, you can still approach the cap. I could try to poach Ruth from the Yankees team, but he'd still get to 140M, and I would too, if I didn't get him.

Make sense?

Not really - because you didn't answer DrFreeze's example questions. Does your franchise player have to have a card in SOM, as in his Roger Maris example. And then also - the Alexander example - if the Cardinals nab Alexander, do they have to use the Cardinal Alexander card or can they use the better more expensive Phillie Alexander card?

Supersore

Re: 140M DH Franchise themed league - 5 spots left!

PostTue Sep 13, 2016 2:25 am

1. TefJ - Boston Red Sox
7 budabear78 - Chicago Cubs
8 Supersore - Phil/Oak Athletics
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats