New to Live Draft; Waiver Draft Order, Ballpark

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

New to Live Draft; Waiver Draft Order, Ballpark

PostWed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 am

I'm hoping someone knows the answers to 2 questions:

When a Live Draft league has a Waiver Draft how is the Waiver Draft Order determined?

When is the deadline in a LD league for declaring your ballpark choice?

Thanks.

Treyomo

Re: New to Live Draft; Waiver Draft Order, Ballpark

PostWed Jul 20, 2016 1:36 pm

Waiver order is determined in reverse order by the number of original draft picks you received. If you ended up with 20 players off your original draft card and another team has 19, that team will be in front of you in the waiver draft.

Not sure on the ballpark question.

N Texas Widowmakers

PostWed Jul 20, 2016 4:15 pm

When the live draft app is used the order of waiver picks is the opposite of your assigned first round pick. If your lucky and get the first pick in a live draft you would have the last pick in waivers. Last pick in the live draft would have the first waiver pick.

Ball parks in a live draft must be picked on the Sunday prior to the start of your season on the following Monday. I believe stadiums must be finalized by 10 p.m. E.S.T.. Prior to the deadline you can change your stadium as often as you like.

Hope this helps you.

PostThu Jul 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Thanks NTW and Treyomo for your responses. It turns out my questions were answered in the Rules, I should have read carefully:

- How is the Waiver Priority determined?

For Auto List Draft leagues:
The Waiver Priority order is based on the weight of draft picks lost from your Draft Card. If your team team loses out on your top ranked player on your Draft Card, that's worth 25 weighted points for Waiver Priority. If your team loses its 25th ranked player on your Draft Card, that's worth 1 weighted point. The team with the most total weighted points would be first in the League Waiver Priority, and the team with the fewest would be last. If there is a tie for an amount of weighted points, the Waiver Priority spots are randomly assigned to those teams. You can view the League Waiver Priority list during the Waivers Period by going to "Your Waiver Claims" page.

For Live Draft leagues:
The Waiver Priority is simply the reverse of the Draft Order.

and:

Choosing your Ballpark (after a Live Draft)

For Live Draft leagues only: choose your ballpark any time immediately following your draft and up until 11:59pm ET on Sunday, the night before the season starts.

Thanks again, fellas.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats