Drop/Add Button

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FRANKMANSUETO

Re: Drop/Add Button

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 7:38 am

That's their EVIL Plan. Put something in we don't want. Remove it when we complain. SOM is then satisfied that WE think they listened. Yet what we REALLY want goes on deaf ears! :twisted:

rolandzeut

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 12:58 pm

They only disappear @ game 145, they're still on all my team rosters yet to reach that point in the season....

bcousy57

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Yep, still showing up on my roster home page, too. While we're complaining, does anyone else find that incorporating BPHR into the bar graphs as HR is just flat-out ridiculous? If you want to denote how many BPHRs a player has, maybe add it to the bar graph in a different color, but don't toss it in there as if it's an actual homer (or rely on the BPHR split to determine how much of homer it is). Just mucks up the card-at-a-glance value that the bar graphs have.

FALCON29

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm

bcousy57 wrote:While we're complaining, does anyone else find that incorporating BPHR into the bar graphs as HR is just flat-out ridiculous? If you want to denote how many BPHRs a player has, maybe add it to the bar graph in a different color, but don't toss it in there as if it's an actual homer (or rely on the BPHR split to determine how much of homer it is). Just mucks up the card-at-a-glance value that the bar graphs have.

I completely agree. What they've done is made it impossible to know how many non-BPHR each player has. Your suggestion is exactly what they should've done, and that was to add it separately and not mix the two together. The way they've done it it's worse, not better.

Valen

PostMon Jun 27, 2016 11:35 pm

I think treating the ball park HR as a 1-8 is an improvement. As I understand John's blog in the past the bar graphs were calculated as if playing all games in Forbes09. So Mantle's power was understated. If I interpret the blog post correctly the new calculation calculates HRs as if the ballpark setting were turned off.

If you were playing the board game and not using ballpark effects then the 2-8 and 2-10 Mantle rolls would both be HR 1-8. This more accurately reflects the power represented by the Mantle card.

So if I interpret the blog correctly the Pujols 2008 card would calculate as a HR 1-19 on a 1-10 roll and a fly ball on 1-8 roll. In other words it simply calculates the card by ignoring the # symbols. So before these 2 rolls combined for 0 HRs while now they would calculate as 2.85. 5*0 plus 3* 0.95

Although I could see where one might have an alternate interpretation as being that all # related rolls are calculated as HR 1-8 so the Pujols card would an extra 3.2 HRs 3 * 0.4 plus 5 * 0.4

The Mantle card was a poor choice if they were wanting to be clear about what they were doing.

Ballbuster

Price Change based on Usage

PostTue Sep 27, 2016 3:12 pm

Great idea, but seems really hard to implement. I like it because, in time, all cards will be worth what they cost, making the drafts more equal.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats