My friend, Private Jet Mama's Boys

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

My friend, Private Jet Mama's Boys

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:22 pm

We play these games, and unless there is some weird circumstance, we don't meet each other, other than in our little Strat online way. However, I can say that I have many friends here, none any greater than Private Jet Mama's Boys (Kev).
As a veteran of Strat Online for around 12 years, I've had opportunity to play in MANY leagues with Kev, and, the last few years he has been a regular in all our ALT HISTORY leagues. Kev is honorable, good-natured, honest, helpful, and one of the very best managers here. I consider him my friend.

Kev was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in February, but continued to be an active participant here through these few months. Sadly, all treatments have failed, and, after a hospital stay last week, doctors have sent Kev home to be with family.

I would love for this thread to be an opportunity for our community to support Kev and to thank him for his support and friendship to all of us. I would hope that in the next few weeks, as Kev might have opportunity to get online, that this thread would be a source of encouragement to him.

Kev, we are with you in this. Thank you for your friendship here. You are in my prayers daily.

drfreeze49

Re: My friend, Private Jet Mama's Boys

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Kev. My prayers are with you....

Ursoid

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Awful news for a class guy.

Paul_Long71

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:34 pm

Always enjoy having Kev (PJMB) in leagues with me. He's a great guy and I wish him all the best. You and your family are in my prayers Kevin. I hope you have enough time to still make some great memories with your loved ones.

Paul

bontomn

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:55 pm

This is personally devastating news. Kev has helped me greatly in this game many times and, like Andy, I consider him a good friend, a great guy and one of the best managers ever. I'll be in his debt -- and he'll be in my prayers -- for a long time.

CTStough

PostMon May 02, 2016 8:59 pm

Ugh. This blows. Kev was such an awesome player and so imaginative and focussed. This universe is strange, because we never actually see each other, so what we experience of each other is almost like a secret. But, I feel like I got to see a great part of his personality and I feel real lucky to have have seen it.

This will probably sound stupid, but I feel like everyone who plays this game gets to express parts of their personality that aren't normally on display. Even though we are dealing with finite numbers and nostalgic players, You get a sense of someoneas an artist (for want of a better word).

I was looking at Kev's Tiger team and there is a symmetry about it that is amazing. The fielding has 1's in the middle and 2' on the corners. His pitchers are all in the 5m range, even his reliever. Each piece is balanced.
His Indians teams have defied all fielding logic and been left handed destroyers.

I'm not doing a very good job of describing his teams, but when I look at them , they make perfect sense- I know they'll work.
I think they are beautiful, and it takes an amazing person to construct them .

I hope things turn around for Kev and I'm really glad to know him.

Todd (ctstough/fluffyman)

rookssa1958

PostMon May 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Leagues always sparkle more brightly when you are in them. I bet you positively affect the lives of all you come in contact with. You are admired and respected. God bless you my friend.
Steve

PostMon May 02, 2016 9:21 pm

All my prayers to Private Jet and his family , I always enjoyed playing in leagues with him especially the "frenzy"
leagues he would create through the years. Like Andy I have been playing this game for many years and while our socialization mostly takes place in these fields of dreams, you do feel like we all share in this game of ours and friendships are formed. Its never easy to express the depth of sadness when news like this is learned. May God be with him and his family. Bill

Treyomo

PostMon May 02, 2016 9:47 pm

I've never draft against a funnier and more considerate weasel than Kevin (back to the ATGI days). Prayers, man - you still have a few more picks to steal!
Last edited by Treyomo on Mon May 02, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2cityfan

PostMon May 02, 2016 9:50 pm

Kev, Best wishes.. You are a great manager and a class act..
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats