My friend, Private Jet Mama's Boys

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

The Last Druid

Re: My friend, Private Jet Mama's Boys

PostTue May 03, 2016 8:21 pm

Kevin- I'm truly sorry for what you are going through now. Being diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer by the medical profession is about the worse news one could have.

But I would be remiss if I did not share this with you. There is a mounting body of evidence that 96.25% pure cannabis oil has remarkable efficacy in curing cancer -even stage IV cancers. I attach just two links but also want to add that if I am ever diagnosed with cancer, that will be the treatment I will pursue -along with an organic diet and guided visualizations.
FWIW.

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/a-dr ... cancer-pat

http://www.hightimes.com/read/hollywood ... e-4-cancer

If you are interested, just google cannabis oil and cancer.

modmark46

PostTue May 03, 2016 10:05 pm

Yes, horrible news. I'll echo what so many have put so well. Been playing since the ATG 1 days, and I've always enjoyed being in leagues with Kev. My heart is heavy for he and his family. But Kev has proven himself a tough competitor, and I will keep hope alive that he will find a way to battle this terrible disease. Peace to him and his family. He will be in my prayers.
Mark

sdajr76

PostTue May 03, 2016 11:45 pm

absolutely terrible news. my condolences go out to all that will mourn his loss.
-steven

frannyzoo

PostWed May 04, 2016 10:24 pm

Drop by almost never now, but did tonight and see this sad, troubling news. PJMB has always been a good "friend" when I have been lucky to come across him in leagues, auto and other, over the years gone by. My absolute favorite league ever was a division with him and Treyomo where we each three won 90 games and laughed about it all the way. That I "won" the division was by far the least important part of the fun. That confidence to know we care like crazy but know it's just a matter of time until we've eventually lost, and can laugh about it, was essential then. And now.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/391461

Btw, I didn't win that league. Like it matters.

Happy trails, PJMB...

frannyzoo/Scot

jet40

PostThu May 05, 2016 7:11 am

Best wishes.

warrenbob52

PostThu May 05, 2016 7:36 am

Kev you have always been a classy guy and I have enjoyed all the leagues we have been in together over the years praying for the best for you and your family

BDWard

PostThu May 05, 2016 8:43 am

Kev: I am truly saddened by this horrible news It hits very close to home for nearly all of us in our aging online community. Although we haven't been in many leagues together lately, there was a time when we played each other fairly often. I knew that I was always in for a battle when we were in leagues together and I learned that not only are you a good manager, but, more importantly, a class act with a wry sense of humor. If there was an online Strato manager HOF you would certainly be one of the first inductees.

I wish you and your family all the best during this difficult time and urge you to continue to fight the good fight. I am hopeful that the info on medical marijuana provided by the Last Druid (isn't he just a great source of helpful info on a variety of topics) can help you in your fight against this cruel illness. God bless.

ratioman2

PostThu May 05, 2016 8:44 am

Terrible news. My prayers.

There is often a researcher somewhere willing to throw one last punch, if you are interested and have the means.
http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/trea ... als/search
http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatme ... rvice.aspx

joeoc

PostThu May 05, 2016 6:24 pm

Sorry to hear the bad news, Kev, you've been a great competitor, a good friend, and a great person,we've played in many a league since ATG 1, not so many recently as I have cut back on Strat. It was still always good to hear from you when our paths crossed.

Use that competitive nature to fight with all your mite, Kev may every day be the best it can be.

My Very Best
JoeOC

MIKEGILBERT

PostThu May 05, 2016 6:47 pm

I don't visit the boards often, but just saw this thread. Like others, I've been lucky enough to be in several leagues with Kev and it was always an enjoyable experience. A really class act.

Kev, if you read this, my best wishes, along with all of the others here in the community.

Mike/Rube
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats