I hate this game

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

I hate this game

PostTue Apr 26, 2016 2:45 pm

On any given day I hate this game , I can compare them to only bowling and golf as games that frustrate the hell out of me. Each of them must be the invention of sadist . When you think you figured them out you get slapped down with reality that your only good for a moment but suck the rest of the time. With Strat the hope of opening night turns into a nightmare as the team so carefuly planed ,drafted and sculpted opens up 0-3. I need an intervention this game is making me crazy. Bill

tony best

Re: I hate this game

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 12:57 pm

My latest team started off 2-10! They have clawed back to 13-14 .

I find it interesting to work my butt off putting together a team and right after the draft it looks like crap even before a game is played :roll: How can that happen?

But sometimes(rarely for me) ya get it right. Game after game your players do what they are supposed to do. The ace starters go nine and win. The next level starters keep you in the game until those high priced relievers come in and you win in the ninth. Your power hitters are whacking three run shots instead of solos. You get the bases loaded single instead of the lineout to 2b. Ah it becomes a thing of beauty a fine tuned machine Then this work of art actually wins it all!!! :D

And again all is well until the next piece of crap you put together :oops:

CTStough

Re: I hate this game

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 pm

This game drives me nuts, but it's so much fun. It's that crazy chick I can't get enough of.

I've got 5 teams right now and four of them are disasters . My current favorite titanic story; Brooklyn Dodgers- I draft the actual boys of summer team in a franchise league.
I had some misgivings about their pitching, but I figured their pitching depth and their powerful lineup would pave the way to victory...... After 15 games the Boys of Summer were 13-2 and I was on my way to the playoffs,

Since then, they are 17-40

They are only minus 4 in run differential, but 12 games under .500. The team is a nightmare. They've blown 13 saves and find new ways to lose every night. Losing is like a super power for this team.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats