Professor Garcia in Error on DH on depth chart?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

seyclops

Professor Garcia in Error on DH on depth chart?

PostMon Apr 25, 2016 1:05 pm

In his Thursday 4/21 blog post, Garcia said:

"Also, the backup system will NOT move the starting DH to another position even if he is the listed backup. The game will then take the next available backup or another player from the bench. For example:

"Sample depth chart
1B: Paul Konerko (backup 1: Lance Berkman) (backup 2: Miguel Cairo)
DH: Lance Berkman

"If Konerko is injured, the computer manager will keep Berkman in the DH spot in the lineup and skip him when choosing a new first baseman, which will be Cairo. If I wanted Berkman to start at 1B I would need to move him out of the DH role and select another player as the starting DH."

HAL actually moved my DH into a fielding role as instructed by my depth chart just last night. The $5.38M Reggie Jackson is my DH, and he's listed as the RF backup for Bullet Joe Rogan, who was injured. HAL correctly put the Candy Bar into right and subbed the $0.58 Jose Cardenal at DH, also as instructed.

I understand that a player cannot move from DH to the field in-game, as in that fake dirt-and-grass major league baseball, where you can't even use Babe Ruth. But at the beginning of the game, HAL will honor a DH move to the field is so-instructed via your chart.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Re: Professor Garcia in Error on DH on depth chart?

PostMon Apr 25, 2016 2:26 pm

I have seen this happen a few times to me lately also, but not every time. I cannot figure out the why or when it will move the DH so I tend to set my lineups in hopes that it will, but with a backup plan in place in case it does not happen.

It would be great if this became a regular feature because having the DH totally locked into place is really unfortunate.

Valen

PostTue Apr 26, 2016 3:51 pm

seyclops, is what you describe something that happened during the game or at the start of the next game following the injury?

seyclops

PostWed May 04, 2016 3:55 pm

It was the start of a new game -- I know you can't move anybody from DH to the field mid-game. In a blogpost, Garcia said that you couldn't use a starting DH as a backup somewhere else. But you can, as Reggie Jackson proved for me.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats