The untouchable DH got touched

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chris.sied@yahoo.com

The untouchable DH got touched

PostSun Jan 31, 2016 1:59 pm

The 9.27 Schmidt is my 3rd baseman, 8.00 Mathews is my DH. On a hope and a prayer, I put Mathews in as the backup 3B over Charles Gipson (who I had listed 3rd) and lo and behold, Mathews appears as the 3rd baseman after a Schmidt injury, Jorge Orta took over as DH. I had never been able to get the DH to move into the field before, so not sure if this was lucky (although it happened all 3 games Schmidt was injured) or if there has been a programming change.

Has anyone else noticed increased flexibility with the DH being moved into the field?

Radagast Brown

Re: The untouchable DH got touched

PostSun Jan 31, 2016 5:00 pm

I think I may have noticed it, though I can't be sure. ...If it is a new improvement that is very cool... I think the bullpen logic has been upgraded, now if we could just get the computer to pinch hit a little more..

Valen

PostMon Feb 01, 2016 11:43 am

If true and the DH lineup logic and bullpen logic has been improved it is a public relations gaffe.
Both would have generated much more excitement among the user base than the lipstick put on the website, name change, and gimmicky daily baseball.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Feb 01, 2016 12:47 pm

I think the new 365 game is nothing short of brilliant.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostMon Feb 01, 2016 2:21 pm

I have gone and changed around my backups for several of my teams in an effort to see if this is really the case. I agree that if the DH can now be moved like all the other players, it is a HUGE upgrade and will give teams so much more flexibility. I will post any observations about this, and hopefully others will too if it happens to them.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats