Garcia's blog

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: Garcia's blog

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 7:15 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Guys, did you really expect anything other than what transpired today. Nothing in Garcia's past behavior would suggest he would have acted any differently. I doubt they will be ready next week either.

Actually yes-- I did expect better, although perhaps unreasonably.

It's really beyond me, not only that they don't deliver,
But no acknowledgement that they are wrong nor how they will even think about making it up

Valen

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 pm

What is "a few" e-mails"?
Did that make this a high priority?
Guys... seriously... It takes away from your suspense? Really? Really?

Of course it takes away from the suspense. Just because you win the finals does not mean you have won 2 credits. No need to ruin that suspense. Maybe guys like Nev and Druid and vsick having won so many titles and ALWAYS got 2 credits assume the will get them every time. But what about the guy who has played for 5 years and finally wins one. Throwing that credit count up there ruins his suspense of wondering if he will win anything for his finals victory.

:lol: :twisted: :lol:

lanier64

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 8:30 pm

visick wrote:

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 6:02 pm
"We received a few e-mails about users who saw their number of credits on the top of screen and that it takes away from the suspense of whether you won a credit or not during the playoffs. Well, we agree. Today we added an option to your Team Preferences page where you can hide your credits display from that line. Just head over to that page and you'll see that option on the bottom of the screen. If you do hide the credits, you will still be able to find it by clicking on the Start A New Team button"

What is "a few" e-mails"?
Did that make this a high priority?
Guys... seriously... It takes away from your suspense? Really? Really?

First amen to your reply. And second I sent them two emails about the distracting player watermark on the player cards and they haven't changed that yet. The last time o checked "a few" was "at least two" . So if all it takes is a few emails to get something fixed then I'll send two more and that will be more than a few. It should get fixed right?

visick

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 8:31 pm

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Baseball World

PostThu Jan 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Valen. The issue was seeing the credits BEFORE THE PERSON KNEW THE GAME RESULTS.

Valen

PostFri Jan 29, 2016 12:19 am

Now that makes sense. :lol: Nice to know the rest of the story.
Who knew Mr Baseball World was Paul Harvey.

Mr Baseball World

PostFri Jan 29, 2016 1:10 am

:lol:

lanier64

PostFri Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm

The Last Druid wrote:

Guys, did you really expect anything other than what transpired today. Nothing in Garcia's past behavior would suggest he would have acted any differently. I doubt they will be ready next week either.

Well the Druid's post about the cards not being ready next week is apropos because: Do you guys remember when the following statement was added to the fielding tab on your team page?

Simulated Fielding Stats

(This pitchers section is under construction; pardon our dust while we figure out the best to present the relatively few fielding stats we have for pitchers...)

WHAT WAS IT? ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO? WHEN IS THE CONSTRUCTION GOING TO BE FINISHED?

lanier64

PostFri Jan 29, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm so damn angry about the lack of any customer service I just can't let this go. With regard to the statement about pitchers fielding stats.

Simulated Fielding Stats

(This pitchers section is under construction; pardon our dust while we figure out the best to present the relatively few fielding stats we have for pitchers...)

How hard is it just publish their fielding stats!!!! They publish the stats for position players on the bench who might only get a half a dozen chances all year. Why is it so damn difficult for pitchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEVE F

PostFri Jan 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Also, why can't we see pitcher's steal, run, bunt and H&R ratings? Might that be a good spot to display these?
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats