Deadball league - WE ARE FULL - THANKS AGAIN

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lanier64

Re: Deadball league - WE ARE FULL - THANKS AGAIN

PostSun Dec 27, 2015 10:50 pm

We should have went with 80 million. The player pool is so thin that those that had a good draft but those that didn't will have a lot of cash they can't spend. So 100 mil only benefits those that had a good draft. If I do this again I'm going with 80 mil and use the whole deadball set including the four Negro Leaguers who have 1920 cards.

Ed

Ursoid

PostMon Dec 28, 2015 11:14 am

Yeah, the pool is really thin. Missed most of my hitters so runs look to be heard to come by.

TomSiebert

PostThu Feb 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Sorry I never saw this thread. I would've played.

EDIT: Looks like the Deadball league already exists. I will proceed from there. Thank you!

Still curious What salary would you recommend, taking into account that any figure can be set? Is $80mm okay for an auto draft? Or would $60mm be better, to ensure everyone gets a Hall of Fame caliber player?

Personally, I would prefer a limited serpentine draft of the first few players, but that looks like it didn't fly here, and a $60 [or $66mm] cap would also make that more likely.

Any suggestions you might have after playing for six weeks are welcome. And you are certainly welcome to join the next one, if you like!

tws
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats