Best pitching staff for under 10 Mil

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

alligator1

Best pitching staff for under 10 Mil

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 am

Hey guys, I've been goofing off with some record setting power hitting teams and recently decided I wanted to spend a lil more on pitching. If you had to make a complete 9 man pitching staff for under 10 million in Fenway 67 how would you handle it? any particularly good deals for pitchers in that price range? Looking forward to any info and advice you guys give me.

Thanks in advance,
Molloy

rburgh

Re: Best pitching staff for under 10 Mil

PostTue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am

Candidates for a 4-man rotation for me would be Sheriff Blake, Mike Moore, Hugh Mulcahy, Dave Wickersham, Mike Morgan, Ray Caldwell, and of course John Coleman. All those guys are 1.61 million or less, and they would allow you to have a couple of decent relievers like Al McBean and Joe Sullivan pitch most of your relief innings.

Candidates for a 5-man rotation for me would be Ron Bryant, Carl Weilman, Sam Frock, Mike Cvengros, Jim Bagby Jr., Louis Drucke, Wild Bill Hallahan, Stevfe Eddy, and Dave Morehead. If you really want to watch your starters get creamed, you could add a bunch of sub-$1 million starters like Ken Johnson, Jack Harper, Charlie Lea, Bert Maxwell, Pete Donohue, Ken Clay, or Fred Scherman. YMMV

Sheikyerboudi

Re: Best pitching staff for under 10 Mil

PostWed Sep 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Guys I've used in the past include: Vuchovich (2.03), Coombs (1.97), Mike Moore (1.52), Eggie Hensley (1.42), Orval Grove (1.38), Ray Caldwell (.89) and Danny Cox (.74). If you leave yourself enough money, get Mellie Wolfgang (3.05) or Hank Robinson (2.82) to eat up the middle innings (they are both "5" fatigue guys) I like Joe Beggs to close at 2.42 - another guy I like is Staley (2.03). Mopup guys would lbe Hehrman(1.16) or Wild Thing Williams (.86). Hope this helps.

-The Sheik

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats