Rate my team/need help

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mditka891

Rate my team/need help

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:08 pm

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1114242

I've had some offers for Kiner. Any way I trade him and if I should what should I look for.

I'm figuring Rickey, Simmons and Vlad for the OF. Gehrig and McGwire at iB and DH.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

stratfanSkip

Re: Rate my team/need help

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:53 pm

mditka891 wrote:http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/team/1114242

I've had some offers for Kiner. Any way I trade him and if I should what should I look for.

I'm figuring Rickey, Simmons and Vlad for the OF. Gehrig and McGwire at iB and DH.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

You will face 5 lefty starters in your division, which is where most of your games get played. You need to make sure you have a good balance of BAL L hitters to go with your BAL R hitters (Davis is is lefty killer, have used him often with good success). Your division is all power parks from both sides of plate, so you could use another power hitting LHB.
And why so much money spent on Catcher who are both BAL R.....get a lower priced BAL L catcher to face all those LH starters you will see, and use the extra money to replace Moreno (he is a bum)....
As for Kiner, you have Big Mac as your DH, so Kiner serves no purpose to you. Maybe you can find a power hitting OF to replace Moreno. This all comes from my humble opinion!!
To many teams, not enough time! Must be an addiction!!

rburgh

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 12:36 am

You need to dump Kent for a LH CF to platoon with Davis. Lynn, vanSlyke, Reiser, Torriente, even Edmonds would improve the position enormously. You then need to do something to upgrade C, 3B, and /or bullpen. There's also no need for you to carry 5 RH starters - grab Ojeda, Peters, Caldwell, or Matlack to start in those lefty parks.

Your team's not a disaster, but I have a $200 MM team in a RH ballpark that is:

C - Haller / Howard
1B - Bagwell
2B - Collins
3B - A-Rod
SS - Jeter
LF - Simmons
CF - Mays
RF - F. Robby
DH - Beckwith
Bench - Foster, Dykes, Heath, Carey
SP - Gibson, Drysdale, Young, Keefe, Ojeda, Matlack
RP - L. Smith, Dibble, Radatz, Newhouser, G. Nelson

I think my team's better than yours, and it's started off 8-7, although it's +28 in run differential.

FUDU

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 12:10 pm

IMO, and I've done well in Minute Maid with a few teams of late, you need to dump your LH batters altogether UNLESS you have an absolute top flight LHB that will get 300ABs regardless of where you play OR if you are going to play in a considerable amount of LH parks. Otherwise LH bats will serve you no point at home or in any RH park.

From what I can tell from your opponents parks you will play in only 1 LH ball park, is that correct? If so then you really don't need a single LHB since an all RH line up will hit in any park you play in.

IMO also upgrade one of those 3mil RPs, and just watch out for your balance of the RHBs you have.

Your team looks OK though, IMO it would look better with all RHBs.

FUDU

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 12:40 pm

If you trade Kiner, get a premium RH bat that upgrades your 2b or CF position, OR get a good LH SP*.

mditka891

PostSun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 pm

Guys,
I planned on playing eric davis against lefties and use simmons(2) in CF against righties.

I also acquired Walter Johnson and Mike Caldwell

Also picked up Kendall(4L) at catcher

Any better

Chris

FUDU

PostSun Sep 22, 2013 11:31 pm

I think Caldwell is unnecessary, you're not facing any all LH lineups and only a couple with 5 LHBs, so he will face a lot of RHBs.

If you really want another LHP consider Tudor?

Again, is Gehrig going to help you when you play 86 games in Minute Maid?

FUDU

PostSun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Is Puckett available, he's better than E. Davis and let's you keep Simmons in LF.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats