Paging stratfanSkip

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lanier64

Paging stratfanSkip

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 pm

Hey don't scrap your team. I drafted my team and I can make it work as a DH team. I just have to make a few tweaks. I've got to get back to work though so I will tweak my team and create the league tonight at about 8 pm Pacific time.

Ed

stratfanSkip

Re: Paging stratfanSkip

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 6:53 pm

lanier64 wrote:Hey don't scrap your team. I drafted my team and I can make it work as a DH team. I just have to make a few tweaks. I've got to get back to work though so I will tweak my team and create the league tonight at about 8 pm Pacific time.

Ed

Ok, will be checking it out tomorrow! 8pm Pacific is my bedtime 11pm Eastern........but, FYI, if playing DH is something you really do want to do go ahead with your most recent plan. Dont do it for me, do it for you!!

Thanks Ed!!

Skip
To many teams, not enough time! Must be an addiction!!

lanier64

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm

No that's ok I initially said I could live with it and I'll stand by it. Besides once I got to thinking about having more talent on the bench than I wanted I said: "Hey I can consolidate a few of them into a good DH." I play about 90% no DH and about 10 % DH to stay somewhat proficient on the DH style of play. It will be good I haven't done a DH team in a while. Oh and remember the league will be in the public leagues and I will call it "The Four Million Dollar Addiction."

stratfanSkip

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 pm

lanier64 wrote:No that's ok I initially said I could live with it and I'll stand by it. Besides once I got to thinking about having more talent on the bench than I wanted I said: "Hey I can consolidate a few of them into a good DH." I play about 90% no DH and about 10 % DH to stay somewhat proficient on the DH style of play. It will be good I haven't done a DH team in a while. Oh and remember the league will be in the public leagues and I will call it "The Four Million Dollar Addiction."

No problem, I just play DH leagues and look for ones that are NOT 20% drop penalty. I have found most people really dislike that penalty and seem to prefer the 5/10/20. I personally feel like too much thinking has to go into building a team for a NON DH league what with all the pinch hitters needed, etc. to much like work for me, and I play this game to have fun and not to work!!! Maybe the fact my "old mind" has something to do with it, but am excited to have some fun with this one, and will be PATIENT as it will most likely take a while to fill!!

lanier64

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:18 pm

Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:42 pm
StratfanSkip,

I had to create a new league. It's called The Four Million Dollar Addiction Options. I already switched I'll edit the other posts.

stratfanSkip

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:27 pm

lanier64 wrote:Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:42 pm
StratfanSkip,

I had to create a new league. It's called The Four Million Dollar Addiction Options. I already switched I'll edit the other posts.

All set....moved over to the newest league. Still 2 people in the old one, glanny and James Maple!

stratfanSkip

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:32 pm

I sent a message to James Maple in one of my ATG VII leagues. FYI.....I sent out an "inbox" message advertising the league in 3 of my ATG leagues! Helps to fill leagues quicker I think!

lanier64

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm

OK Skip sounds great. Sorry I messed this thing up so bad. Live and learn. I'll know the next time about writing the rules into the description before setting up the league.

stratfanSkip

PostFri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 pm

lanier64 wrote:OK Skip sounds great. Sorry I messed this thing up so bad. Live and learn. I'll know the next time about writing the rules into the description before setting up the league.

Hey, at least it is straight now. We have to get Glanny moved over, I think James Maple will once he gets my message.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats