Tampa Bay Attendance

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

N Texas Widowmakers

Re: Tampa Bay Attendance

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 7:46 pm

schwabdude12 wrote:
N Texas Widowmakers wrote:The Ranger announcers blame the lack of attendance on the many readily available outdoor activities in the area.

Shouldn't the Rangers blame themselves and their tendency to choke in the clutch?

Everybody getting the blame this week. No one associated with the Rangers saw this slide coming. It's like a surprise to them . We lost three run producers in Hamilton, Napoli and Young and replaced them with guys who bat .250 with no ability to produce runs or even bunt.

supertyphoon

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 7:52 pm

This is somewhat related, but of course Houston sports fans have a good reason not to root for the Astros right now. The numbers quoted below from a Houston Chronicle article I read are simply incredible ...

Houston’s overtime win Sunday over the Titans recorded a 24.8 Nielsen rating on KHOU (Channel 11) with a 51 share and an average audience of 891,000 viewers. That means that an average audience of almost one-quarter of the 2,289,360 TV households in the 20-county Houston area, or about 567,761 households, watched the game, and 51 percent of TVs in use during the noon to 3:30 p.m. time frame were tuned to Channel 11.

That compares to 22.2/44 for the Week 1 home opener against the Dolphins last year and 22.5/45 for the Week 2 game at Jacksonville.

The audience topped out at 31.4/59 between 3:15 and 3:30 p.m.

At the other end of the spectrum in the most literal sense of the phrase, the Astros on Saturday had a record low audience for their game against the Angels on CSN Houston. The game had a 0.04 Nielsen rating, which represents an average audience of about 915 households or about 1,000 viewers on average. The previous low was 0.05 for an Astros-Reds game on Sept. 9, 2012, on Fox Sports Houston, the team’s former carrier.

danielz

PostThu Sep 19, 2013 8:38 pm

How about $20 to park my car, $20 gas for my car, $14 to sit in the upper deck, $8 for a beer , $5 for a dog

So even if I buy no concessions, it's $110 for my family of 5
And my salary is the same in 2013 as it was in 1998
Guess that's why I went to the beach instead of the ball park

And why do we always whine about people not going to the ball park to see a good baseball team.
Restaurant owners don't yell at people walking by who are not going in to eat the delicious food.
You can't dictate how people want to spend their money.

And Some people don't want to sit in a ball park looking at nothing while over an hour of commercials run on TV
That's called BORING
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats