What's the deal with the Shuffle Leagues?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

steveharnish33

What's the deal with the Shuffle Leagues?

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I'd like to try one of the smaller pool shuffle leagues, but I'm afraid if I join one it will take forever to fill. How do these fill? There are dozens on the create your league page and it doesn't seem to tell you how close to filling they are. I'd hate to create a team there and then just have it sit there.

Is there somewhere on the forums where people put these together? I looked in Indv League and didn't see anything.

mighty moose

Re: What's the deal with the Shuffle Leagues?

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 10:01 pm

This is exactly the thing I bitched to Bernie (or whoever, whatever) about. You can see tons of shuffle leagues created, but most of them are empty and it's a completely different place where you actually see what shuffle leagues are available to join and who is in them. (From the league directory) And even THERE - no way to see the league parameters. Go back and forth for that.

Although "they" said it would be looked at - the reality of shuffles being used in Barnstormers will be pushed back until this vision is a little more clearly defined and all those shuffles created with no one in them are purged.

We need to see the shuffle parameters in the same place we see what leagues actually have people in them, AND we need the zero inhabitant shuffle leagues to implode, just like the rest of the zero players leagues purge.

Until then, the shuffle is kaput. :shock:

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Ugh, I take that a step further. At the present time, there are NO shuffle leagues that have been created that have anyone in them. Normally you see them in the league directory, but at the present time, there are no shuffles with warm bodies waiting for the league to fill.

A good idea that never took off ? I think it's all in the execution. :cry:

steveharnish33

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 10:46 pm

I think a big problem is that there are so many different types of leagues-- Shuffle, Nl, Al post, pre and such that it's hard to get leagues full.

I've had a credit for awhile now and I keep not using it. I find some time to put together a team--I go to create one and I then I don't see any leagues close to filling and I hate creating a team and then waiting several days, so I put it aside.

Looks like the shuffle thing won't happen.

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 11:40 pm

Save it for Barnstormers..... ;)

steveharnish33

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 11:43 pm

hmmm--been awhile since I did one of those. Was the runner-up in the debut Barnstomers- never fared well after that.

tomwistar

PostWed Feb 06, 2013 11:46 pm

We have two shuffle leagues going right now -- the way to get one to fill is to advertise it on the board, just like with other theme leagues. One league plays with the minimum player pool at 80 mil and no DH, the other at 100 and DH. It's an interesting challenge; if you do poorly in the draft, it's very hard to make up for it.

We'll probably do more on an ongoing basis. At least that's the plan. If a manager drops out, I'll try to remember to send you a PM, Steve.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats