Mid-Winter "One for All, All for One" League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mrharryc

Mid-Winter "One for All, All for One" League

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm uncertain whether this or something similar has been attempted, but it looks like we could use something new among leagues so here's an idea...

"One for All, All for One" League. 115 million cap/ DH 5/10/20/autodraft

The concept: Teams will be comprised of one - and only one - player from each of the 24 franchise groupings listed below. The one exception is that since for autodrafting we need to choose 25, you may select two players from one of the franchises for purposes of the draft. Once the season is underway,however, squads must be reduced to 24 players insuring each of the 24 franchise groups is represented. Players with multiple cards will belong to the franchise that holds the highest priced cards; for example, Bonds belongs to the Giants, McGwire to the Cards et al. Players can be traded or dropped during the season, but the roster requirements must be kept, so if you want to drop a Pirate, you must pick up a Pirate on the free agent market, or you can trade your Red and Oriole for my Red and Oriole. (This will be an honor system league, since I've not the time nor the inclination to play roster cop! We'll all need to pitch in to insure against accidental slips)

1. mrharryc

TEAMS: Braves Phillies Indians Senators
Orioles Red Sox Angels Cubs
White Sox Reds Tigers Astros
Royals Dodgers Brewers Expos
Pirates Yankees Mets Giants
Cardinals Athletics Padres NeL

One may choose one player from any of the franchise groupings above; thus you can choose from Atlanta, Boston or Milwaukee clubs for the Braves franchise, etc. (Players will be considered to be a member of the team for whom they are carded, not where they are clustered by Strat in case there are any discrepancies)

bontomn

Re: Mid-Winter "One for All, All for One" League

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 8:33 pm

The concept: Teams will be comprised of one - and only one - player from each of the 24 franchise groupings listed below. The one exception is that since for autodrafting we need to choose 25, you may select two players from one of the franchises for purposes of the draft. Once the season is underway,however, squads must be reduced to 24 players insuring each of the 24 franchise groups is represented. Players with multiple cards will belong to the franchise that holds the highest priced cards; for example, Bonds belongs to the Giants, McGwire to the Cards et al. Players can be traded or dropped during the season, but the roster requirements must be kept, so if you want to drop a Pirate, you must pick up a Pirate on the free agent market, or you can trade your Red and Oriole for my Red and Oriole. (This will be an honor system league, since I've not the time nor the inclination to play roster cop! We'll all need to pitch in to insure against accidental slips)

1. mrharryc
2. bontomn (love the idea even though I dread the thought of a month-long, 24-player draft)

One may choose one player from any of the franchise groupings above; thus you can choose from Atlanta, Boston or Milwaukee clubs for the Braves franchise, etc. (Players will be considered to be a member of the team for whom they are carded, not where they are clustered by Strat in case there are any discrepancies)

mrharryc

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks! Just to be clear, this will be an autodraft; I thought about doing it on DD or on ILC, but as you say it would likely take forever!

Bucktide14

PostFri Feb 01, 2013 3:42 pm

1. mrharryc
2. bontomn (love the idea even though I dread the thought of a month-long, 24-player draft)
3.Bucktide 14 - Looks fun

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats