Please help explain

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Re: Please help explain

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 am

Well Unfortunately its the difference between winning and losing some games-

Also bigger difference from choosing which cards-

NEV pointed out that the (*) and (**) are being overridden by the box thats checked-

I and How many others pick cards based on the (Single**) on the cards- yeah- I look for that in small ball because I want to advance runners-
Unfortunately it doesnt exist- its just on the card but not being used in the game-

Pretty big.

Valen

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 am

I agree it is huge when you base your player selection off something on the card and then find it is not used.
Back when I began I would make an effort to get hitters with gb(A)+ on their cards hitting behind * baserunners because I thought that meant the double play was changed to a hit. Then someone on boards pointed out with the level of rules we use that + symbol is ignored completely. A small thing but easily cleared up by posting on the rules page.

Most every quirk of the rules I have learned about I learned here on the boards. But what about the guy who just discovers Strat online and starts playing but does not want to put in the time to keep a watch on the boards and participate in discussions? How does he learn about these things?

The out distribution thing is a waste. Who cares if the right percentage of fly balls are credited to the right outfielder on an out that otherwise does not influence the game? An out is an out if it does not influence baserunner advancement.

sly-cats

Re: Draft

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm

I'm not able to pick my players, is there something I need to do?
sly cat

JOSEPHKENDALL

Re: Draft

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 2:36 pm

sly-cats wrote:I'm not able to pick my players, is there something I need to do?
sly cat

Are you talking about the draft? Or are you talking about Waivers? Or are they Free Agents?

sly-cats

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm

the draft and the league

JOSEPHKENDALL

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

sly-cats wrote:the draft and the league

Once you create a team and give it a team name, you should move to selecting players for the draft. Do they come up for you to select for the draft?

Valen

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Perhaps if you provided more detail than I am not able to pick my players.

One could conclude there are too many choices and you just get confused. Probably not correct but you get the point. What exactly is it you cannot do?
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats