Please help explain

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

JOSEPHKENDALL

Re: Please help explain

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 12:44 am

boyer14 wrote:Did anybody come up with any reasonable explanation for this Colavito HR?

A very good question along with did SOM respond to your inquiry?

joeoc

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 6:38 am

I finally had some time to send this game result in for review by SOM,

Now just waiting for an explanation of result or reply that a fix needs to be made

If a fix needs to be made and it saves a manager a post season bid. Great!!!

While it won't help me it really didn't matter...my boys lost 9-3 anyway.......McGwire hit two or three Home Runs that were in the cards :evil:

joeoc

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm

danielz wrote:I had a similar thing happen to me a few months ago. They said the result of the play was correct, but the listing of the dice roll was incorrect. Which then raises the question, "Why show the dice roll"?

This was the reason SOM also gave me, result was correct so the dice roll display should have been 3-6 (BP HR) or 3-10 (BP HR) not the 1-4 (Walk) that was displayed. :roll: They'll be looking into why the errant display.

Valen

PostMon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 pm

And while they are looking in to that they will also be checking to see if any of us have inherited foreign estates or have hidden money coming our way. :lol:

boyer14

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 am

This sounds like a somewhat contrived explanation to me. Seems like displaying the correct dice roll should be one of the simplest things to get right. Would be very interesting to get their explanation as to why such a simple thing could go wrong. If that is always going to be the explanation for play results that are clearly incorrect then no need to fix the game engine, just blaming it on a wrong dice roll display. This explanation just does not smell right to me.

nevdully's

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 am

Me either, but par for their course. :x

The Last Druid

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 am

Gee Valen, your last post will probably make the whole thread disappear. :shock: But if you had posted it on Friday night you would have been able to see it until Monday at 9:01 a.m. when, alas, it would have vanished forever.

nevdully's

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 1:34 am

read my latest post in the "Correct me if I'm wrong" thread.

Salty

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 am

this is exactly the point and the problem...

You know why we are getting inconsistent display between the cards and the game? (NEV brings up another example of this in the other thread- read it!)

SIMPLE- we are playing under the 'advanced' 'Maximum' rules from the CD-ROM game- or at least some of them- and who knows for sure which ones?

When you 'redistribute' an out (one of the checkboxes on the page)- say instead of a flyball to LF it goes to CF- but if the number on the card that you rolled says LF there may not be a Flyball to CF that it can be changed to, so...

OHHH- you didnt know bout this?
THATS BECAUSE
FEW OF US DID- apparently its on the WIKI page under some BS or other- NOT ON THE SITE HERE UNDER THE RULES.
BUT WHERE IS THE LINK TO THE WIKI PAGE????????????????

Dont believe for even a second that they cant figure out why it doesnt match. They already know why. They just dont know how to fix it to make it look like its correct.

scumby

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 9:48 am

"what difference does it make?" -Hillary HAL Clinton
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats