Unique Stadiums League - Full

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

motherscratcher

Re: Unique Stadium Theme - Almost halfway there!

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Great concept MSer. Sounds very challenging. Count me in! The only thing that causes me to pause is that the seasons overlap too much. I'd really like to start them 6-7 weeks apart instead of 3, otherwise I'll have too many teams going at once. I'll bet I'm not alone in my concern and that if you spaced the seasons farther apart that the league would fill more quickly, as opposed to possibly not all.

1. Moscratch
2. thaibill
3. dharmabums
4. Semper Gumby
5. TheTallGuy747
6. BDWard

motherscratcher

Re: Unique Stadium Theme - Almost halfway there!

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 pm

I tend to agree BD. I have no problem stretching it out a little bit like that. Once it gets filled we can see what everyone wants.

I just wanted that in there so everyone knew it wouldn't necessarily be a long drawn out thing, and we don't have to wait for one season to end before we start the next. It's funny, I made it 3 weeks because I thought that would help it fill faster.

It didn't.

motherscratcher

Re: Unique Stadium Theme - Halfway there!

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Guy that have signed up already...I think BD is right and we should space the seasons out a little bit more. If anyone doesn't want to,do that let me know in this thread or PM me in one of our leagues. I think I'm in leagues with all of you guys.

motherscratcher

PostMon Jan 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Thaibill - I'm sorry, I ne'er saw your question.

Yes, each stadium is dead after each use. Before we start we will all draft 4 stadiums in a 4 round snake draft. We will all have 4 unique stadiums that will be used once each, in any order, with no repeat stadiums over the 4 seasons. 48 unique stadiums used.

Also, this is a good time to clarify about repeat players. Any player I use on my roster in season one is ineligible for the next 3 seasons, and that includes all of the cards for that player. For example, if I draft Cobb in season one (and I probably will) and get him, I can't use any of Cobb's cards in season 2, 3, or 4. You can only use a player once. But obviously he is available for everyone else in those seasons.

BDWard

PostWed Jan 09, 2013 9:59 pm

This is really a good concept to test managerial acumen, as everyone must manage in 4 unique stadiums and can't use players more than once.

Now that league creator MSer has agreed to space the seasons a little farther apart, there's really no reason not to join.

No cookie cutter teams here. This will truly test our team building skills, as all managers will be forced to use stadiums and players not usually used by them.

It looks like we have a pretty good group of experienced managers so far. Who else is up to the challenge?

1. Moscratch
2. thaibill
3. dharmabums
4. Semper Gumby
5. TheTallGuy747
6. BDWard

Semper Gumby

Re: Unique Stadium Theme - Hurry, only 1 spot left!

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 10:53 am

thaibill wrote:Looks like we have China, Thailand and Japan covered. Any other Asian countries out there? 8-)

Shanghai is the center of gravity for Asia. All other cities or country pale in comparison! :mrgreen:

motherscratcher

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 pm

Bumpity-boo

mykeedee

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 pm

I'll bite, and just so I'm clear the leagues will start at least 6 weeks apart, with Andy's theme leagues I've already got at least 6 teams running, plus the regular 2 or three I join and that is more than enough to keep me busy for an hour or two each day. I also usually have one team going in "Pennant Chase" although that doesn't warrant as much attention... just at startup.I love the idea of unique players + unique stadiums... force me out of my rabbit hole.

1. Moscratch
2. thaibill
3. dharmabums
4. Semper Gumby
5. TheTallGuy747
6. BDWard
7. Mykeedee

motherscratcher

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm

Yes, I'll make it official and say that we will begin loading teams for the next season at the 6-7 week mark of the current season, with the understanding that we might not actually get it loaded and start until week 8/9 or so. I don't see any reason to rush.

Like I said, I previously had everything more condensed because I mistakenly thought it would attract more managers. It seems I've learned nothing from George Costanza.

BDWard

Re: Unique Stadium Theme - 5 more!

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 2:45 pm

Unique stadiums across all 4 seasons (48 in all to be used), serpentine stadium draft, each manager can only use a player once (regardless of the version), $120 mil DH, ATG7, what's not to like?

This should be a fun and challenging league and the format requires each manager to think outside of his usual box to assemble a winning team.

Join us, won't you?
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats