A new TRADING league

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Moodymets

A new TRADING league

PostSun Mar 26, 2023 11:02 am

Been thinking on this for *years* and finally put it together. I've been online here for 19 years but have never seen this idea specifically (has anyone else?)

I put together a POST WAR/EXP team league (must pick a franchise that spans and has rosters for both eras), but here's the deal: pick a Franchise of your choice (but NO Yankees). You now own exclusive rights to the post and exp rosters of those teams. Next, you may ONLY DRAFT AND PLAY your POST WAR PLAYERS, and those post war specific cards. Once the league is drafted, you may NOT pick up any free agents, other than swapping out players in your available post war pool for your team. How do you acquire additional players? Your "farm team" is your entire EXP ROSTER for your franchise. You have complete control over them and access to them, but at NO TIME during the season may they be on your active roster. You won't get a single pitch or at bat out of them: instead, THEY ARE YOUR TRADE BAIT - - - a legit trading league! For instance, if I have the Dodgers, and the Braves are also in this league, I may not use Kershaw at any time... but I MAY trade him for Chipper and put him in as my active 3B. The only EXP players who will see at bats in this league are the ones who were traded away.

This is an attempt to mimic vintage strat-o-matic card game leagues we might have had when we were growing up, kinda back to basics; you have to be more of an old time GM than someone just scouring the FA list and picking up available players. You'll need to craft a trade to get your player! Thoughts?

robert.kosky

Re: A new TRADING league

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 2:44 pm

I see one of the owners who joined your league didn't declare what franchise he is going with. Anyway to contact him? I'm thinking of joining.

Question: What stadiums can you use? Only the post franchise stadium that the selected franchise played in? Or can you choose any stadium?

robert.kosky

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 4:42 pm

Two requests:

(1) Since there may be a lot of trading going on, how about increasing the cap number to 150M or more? To make trades there will be lots of drops with the cap number going down with each trade and possibly some bigger cap numbers for the new incoming players.

(2) How about changing the drop penalty to 5% for the season?

robert.kosky

PostThu Apr 06, 2023 10:41 am

I see your league is falling a part. If you post on this Forum you really need to check on replies and I don't think you've done that. I think because you haven't answered my questions, other owners have seen that and decided your league won't fly. Without rules for the stadium choice it opens up your league for guessing, which is never a good thing. If you clarify what you'd prefer, maybe your league will fly. I'll jump back in for sure because I like the uniqueness of your league.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats