How many HRs every park HR 1-19 and no pitchers over 1 mil?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

egvrich

Re: How many HRs every park HR 1-19 and no pitchers over 1 m

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 8:40 am

Treyomo wrote:Way back when, probably 12 years ago, I suspected normalization and created a 12 team league with all .50 pitchers and all 20/20 HR parks. Hitters went crazy the first 1/3 of season, as expected, but suddenly their performance dropped wwwayyyyyy down and no hitter ended with over 70 HRs.

And there my friends is your proof of Normalization or some other type of behind the scenes intervention ... Black box stuff that we aren't told about.

Under those conditions and average rolls, you would expect to see multiple guys with over 100 HR's.

Salty

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 9:44 am

Indeed -
that kind of sounds like normalization to me -
if it isn't, definitely am interested in hearing the explanation for why.

Treyomo

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 1:42 pm

It was normalization - but after my review, they removed that normalization from the code. I don't know the CD game to know what the exact term is, but it was something like use season actuals to manage results. That is now out of the game for 10 years.

MaxPower

PostFri Jul 01, 2022 9:37 pm

Treyomo wrote:It was normalization - but after my review, they removed that normalization from the code. I don't know the CD game to know what the exact term is, but it was something like use season actuals to manage results. That is now out of the game for 10 years.

And there, my friends, is proof that normalization no longer exists. (Am I doing this right? If Treyomo's previous comment was proof of normalization, surely this comment is proof of no normalization.)

Incidentally, the max rule in question would have been "Improve Statistical Accuracy." A cursed setting that I'm glad to hear they turned off ten years ago.

Many thanks to Treyomo for putting this question to bed at long last. Folks, it's a day for celebration! You no longer have to worry about nefarious black box activities. I'm sure it's a huge relief for everyone who had been concerned, and I'm sure those folks definitely won't just ignore Treyomo's comment and continue believing in the black box because they want to.

Mattw0909

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 9:13 pm

Salty wrote:
Mattw0909 wrote:27

Youd expect the league leader to have 27 home runs in a league of mile high stadiums?

Lets say that was exceeded by game 20 or so.

Lol I’m sorry I forgot I responded to this 27 was my guess for guys over 100. Wasn’t clear my fault on that
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats