POLL ... Is there some kind of RE-injury bug?

Moderator: Palmtana

Do you believe there is some kind of "Re-Injury" code in HAL's Black Box of Tricks

Yep, seen it too many times to deny it exists!
29%
Nope, merely coincidence, nothing more!
71%

Total votes : 82

• Author

gkhd11a

Re: POLL ... Is there some kind of RE-injury bug?

PostSat May 14, 2022 11:07 pm

nevdully's wrote:
MaxPower wrote:People believe this stuff because they want to, a normal distribution isn't going to change the things they want.

Same from both sides bc I've been down that path with the Charlies on this site...give them a season they say it's not 50 seasons...give them 500 seasons and they say "but what if we looked at another 500".... :roll:

One path you have never taken is a data path, you always take the path lined with grapes.

FrankieT

PostSat May 14, 2022 11:27 pm

gkhd11a wrote:
nevdully's wrote:
MaxPower wrote:People believe this stuff because they want to, a normal distribution isn't going to change the things they want.

Same from both sides bc I've been down that path with the Charlies on this site...give them a season they say it's not 50 seasons...give them 500 seasons and they say "but what if we looked at another 500".... :roll:

One path you have never taken is a data path, you always take the path lined with grapes.

You know Charlie, a long time but apparently only posted twice guy, Mr Zamboni, weighed in after years to give us a gem in the other thread. And he suggests it is thick-headedness here, so I will have to agree with Max--the hypothesis being offered is safe from every proof because it is a belief, not a deduction. In that sense, I think it is trolling as an art form, not really wanting to achieve anything except disagreement.

Salty

PostSat May 14, 2022 11:35 pm

gkhd11a wrote:

It's murder by numbers, one, two, three
It's as easy to learn as your ABC's
It's murder by numbers, one, two, three
It's as easy to learn as your ABC's

Again, numbers are only good if you KNOW how to look at them...
One thing I've yet to see from you.

Salty

PostSun May 15, 2022 12:12 pm

FrankieT wrote:You know Charlie, a long time but apparently only posted twice guy, Mr Zamboni, weighed in after years to give us a gem in the other thread. And he suggests it is thick-headedness here, so I will have to agree with Max--the hypothesis being offered is safe from every proof because it is a belief, not a deduction. In that sense, I think it is trolling as an art form, not really wanting to achieve anything except disagreement.

Frankie-
Im not trying to police here --
but Charlie was the one who just a few days ago posted a link to
something the Druid said more than 17 years ago.
So if we are being consistent in saying thats bad behavior (from the Zamboni thread- and not sure who he is tbh)- and Im sort of not sure it is bad behavior- bc Im not understanding the reasoning-
then probably we should also mention that to Charlie, yeah?

And I apologize in advance if it comes off as jerky- just kind of think its important to be consistent in our stuff yeah?
although, do think that people using alts is really not so cool.

FrankieT

PostMon May 16, 2022 12:39 am

Salt, no apology needed--gracious but unnecessary because you and I are still communicating.
Last edited by FrankieT on Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salty

PostMon May 16, 2022 10:02 am

FrankieT wrote:
Human frailty I am not afraid to admit. We were in contact almost every day the last couple years until about a week or so before his departure whilst I was immersed in a move. Not long after we discovered we had crossed paths many times in NY and VA. That's when Bill and I shared our thoughts and he discovered the news.

Completely understandable.
Bruce was an incredibly smart man.
Am sure he would've said something smart enough to bridge the gap in understanding between the more numerically oriented and the more intuitively oriented here.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats