my first 50 teams

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Verbal Warrior

Re: my first 50 teams

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 2:16 pm

I've also taken a systematic approach to all my teams. I've incorporated a standard x/y axis graph for obp and used a spiral z line as NERP and layered a elliptical hologram for ops and dice probability in the cards. I then take these graphs and set them in the middle of a pentagram surrounded by mounds of dust that were once baseball cards. I then play the audio of Phil Rizzuto saying 'Holy Cow' over and over, this is strictly to set a mood. I then take an abacus and calculate the value of each player I'm evaluating. I come to the same conclusion every time:

Never draft any Red Sox. They will ruin your team and your Strat experience.

This has led me to an above .500 record with all my teams and the satisfaction of knowing I didn't draft any bums to help me win :D

coachprbb

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 2:49 pm

I just try to get my hitters to have a long pretty color line at the bottom of the card and my pitchers to have a short pretty color line, trying to avoid the red as much as possible and have as much red as possible for the hitters...I win my share of games, obviously not as much as MaxPower.

If I had to plug all those values into those formulas i don't think I would play. (I don't have the patience)

For those of you who do, more power to you and good luck. I realize it is a mathematical probability game and that would probably be the best approach. (Obviously with Max's success as proof)

coachprbb

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 2:50 pm

I just try to get my hitters to have a long pretty color line at the bottom of the card and my pitchers to have a short pretty color line, trying to avoid the red as much as possible and have as much red as possible for the hitters...I win my share of games, obviously not as much as MaxPower.

If I had to plug all those values into those formulas i don't think I would play. (I don't have the patience)

For those of you who do, more power to you and good luck. I realize it is a mathematical probability game and that would probably be the best approach. (Obviously with Max's success as proof)

LeGrandeOrange

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 3:34 pm

Verbal Warrior wrote:I've also taken a systematic approach to all my teams. I've incorporated a standard x/y axis graph for obp and used a spiral z line as NERP and layered a elliptical hologram for ops and dice probability in the cards. I then take these graphs and set them in the middle of a pentagram surrounded by mounds of dust that were once baseball cards. I then play the audio of Phil Rizzuto saying 'Holy Cow' over and over, this is strictly to set a mood. I then take an abacus and calculate the value of each player I'm evaluating. I come to the same conclusion every time:

Never draft any Red Sox. They will ruin your team and your Strat experience.

This has led me to an above .500 record with all my teams and the satisfaction of knowing I didn't draft any bums to help me win :D

LMAO

barterer2002

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 11:12 pm

coachprbb wrote:I just try to get my hitters to have a long pretty color line at the bottom of the card and my pitchers to have a short pretty color line, trying to avoid the red as much as possible and have as much red as possible for the hitters...I win my share of games, obviously not as much as MaxPower.

I do not think I could love any statement more than this.

STEVE F

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 4:25 pm

barterer2002 wrote:
coachprbb wrote:I just try to get my hitters to have a long pretty color line at the bottom of the card and my pitchers to have a short pretty color line, trying to avoid the red as much as possible and have as much red as possible for the hitters...I win my share of games, obviously not as much as MaxPower.

I do not think I could love any statement more than this.

For me I do not think I could agree less.

coachprbb

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 3:27 pm

You don't like the pretty colors on the bottom of the cards? ;)

Well I am a barely above average manager, with a lot to learn about this game. I know how to play well in 1 or 2 stadiums, but working on getting better at the others.

But it is a game that is played by a computer.

I spend my life coaching a game, played by young men (high school football). I choose to put a great amount of effort there. For this the performance lines at the bottom give me enough info as far as I am concerned.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats