dilgreene13

Re: We have lost "The Last Druid"

PostSat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 pm

Very sad news. RIP, Bruce.

coachprbb

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 12:31 pm

RIP Last Druid

You were very helpful to me when I asked you question after question. I loved to compete against you, no matter what the league or the cap, if you were in the league I tried to get in. You were a true giant of this game, a super tough competitor, and the single manager that I considered THE BEST. I am glad you were here when I started, and I am sad that you are no longer going to be here in this small realm of people who love baseball and love to compete. Strat 365 and I will miss you

goffchile

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 2:32 pm

I share everyone's shock and grief. It is hard to imagine SOM without him. He will be sorely missed but not forgotten.

eveldrive

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 3:01 pm

Sad news! I always enjoyed competing against The Last Druid in Stratomatic. After reading his obituary I got a real sense of who he was and was amazed at his many various interests and experiences. It’s a wonder that he even had as much time as he did to spend on Strat. I also remember that he started a thread last year asking the strat community to share a little bit of our personal stories and backgrounds so that we could know each other better. So much more than a formidable online game opponent. He will be missed. — RIP Bruce!

danielz

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 pm

Wow, RIP
I always dreaded finding out Petrosian was in my division
because he was so good. Figured from the get go that
I had to hope for wild card.
He was the best at this silly game.
He has left us too soon.

mighty moose

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 9:22 pm

I am very pleased to announce that a board member has suggested and now has approval of the board that * NEVDULLY * will honor his friend Bruce by playing his Barnstormers Finals team. We feel that this will be the BEST WAY to get a team into the Finals that will match the squad we would have expected and wanted for The Last Druid to put forward.

Nevdully has been contacted and has agreed !

One item that we want to happen is that if Nev wins either 4 or 2 ballpark tickets, that those be given back to the Steffek survivors so that they may attend a game in his honor. Of if the family wishes, they may choose to take the value of the tickets to a donation to a charity of their choice. We are rooting for Nev to give the Steffek's their day in the summer sun.

Nev will participate in the Live Draft and will assume the cap and DH choice that Bruce already made. Nev and The Last Druid were the closest of friends in more recent years and I hope you join with me and wish Nev great success. Frankly there is NO ONE ELSE that we would even remotely consider.

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 7:56 am

WELL DONE !!!

Salty

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 9:39 am

That is a very appropriate way to handle it-

well done.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats