Live Draft Crashed--Refunds Requested

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

jsstowell

Re: Live Draft Crashed--Refunds Requested

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 12:54 pm

Mr Moderator, fair enough, I meant no offense to you. Just trying to raise the attention of the SOM employees charged with managing SOM 365. Have a nice weekend. Johnny

dilgreene13

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 1:39 pm

I’m not really expecting this to be resolved until Monday.

unclerowser

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 3:47 pm

I requested 2 credits for fucking up my Friday night.

Coffeeholic

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm

I also got caught in the crash last night so couldn't participate in the scheduled live draft. I had the same thought as NTexas Widowmaker: 2 drafts running concurrently may have led to the crash.

Shite happens, right? More upsetting to me is all the bellyaching about "the worst customer service ever" and "I'm going to quit" bullcrap. Some of you guys need to chill out.

I've been enjoying this game for close to 15 years and have played 640+ seasons. In all that time, I can probably count the snafus encountered on one hand and any which did occur were quickly resolved. I wish that my professional record were as good as what I've encountered with SOMO.

Let's cut the guys some slack and see if they get things corrected in a timely (Monday) manner before we castigate them anymore.

For what it's worth?

unclerowser

PostSat Jul 21, 2018 7:08 pm

It's worth two credits. I also have spent alot of time and money on this program.

mastermosser56

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 2:14 pm

i also sent an email about 10 minutes into the 150 mil live draft i was in friday night

no reply, i suspect we all will be screwed like usual strat policy

The Last Druid

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Trashed my Friday night too. Turned down dinner and a movie with my wife and kid for this torture. It isn't the first time this has happened, more like the tenth. Two credits would be appropriate, but so would Garcia honoring his promise to have regular blogs or Richman's promise to "grow the game" back in 2012 when TSN gave SOM the boot.

Coffeeholic

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 5:16 pm

You're married Petrosian? You have kids? You've gotten laid? :shock:

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 22, 2018 6:32 pm

FWIW, we have a live draft scheduled for Tuesday evening. I will be communicating our Event 5 league #'s to add to our main page - and at the same time, I will certainly bring up MY concerns. I will ask for someone (an employee ? the janitor?) to monitor this and be sure the hamster is kept fed enough to run the wheel.

Of course, it's very disturbing to me too. All we have ever asked for is a live draft which gives us Diamond Dope like features and 3 hour picks. I agree with everything that has been said about the lack of customer service in this place.

You GO Druid - and find Bernie. I know a lot of us will be right there with you.

<< MM >>

N Texas Widowmakers

PostMon Jul 23, 2018 11:41 am

Here's the response:

Attn: Friday Night $150 Million Live

As you know, unfortunately our Live Drafts on Friday night did not run correctly. We sincerely apologize for this and a credit has been added to everyone's account. We will also be deleting this league and restoring everyone's credit back. We sincerely apologize for the problem this has caused.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats