LHPs Only league-$140 mil DH, LIVE DRAFT on 7-3, 10 PM ET

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BDWard

Re: LHPs Only league-$140 mil DH, 5% drop, LIVE DRAFT, frenz

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Thanks for posting your autodraft LHPs only league, Ed. I've rescheduled the live LHPs only draft for Tuesday, June 27 at 9:30 P.M. Eastern time to give people on the West coast more time to get home from work and draft that night. I would have preferred to set it on June 28 or June 29, but the Barnstormers Tourney $200 mil live drafts are scheduled for those nights.

If we draft Tuesday night, that will give managers until the league starts on July 3 to tweak their teams.

Good luck to all. - Bernie

mighty moose

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

With my horrible commute and the fast pace of Silicon Valley, I SELDOM get home before 6:30 and closer to 7:00 and later so since I'm in PST, that makes this a hit or miss for me. An hour commute means I couldn't even get in 30 minutes before and make proxies. But I will see how that day goes for me and be perched on the entry button.

DOHowser1

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Would like to have jumped in for the live draft Bernie, BUT, already joined the Barnstormers $200M live draft #1 that has filled, and running on the same night, June 27th.

Maybe next go around.

Doug

BDWard

LHPs Only league-$140 mil DH, LIVE DRAFT on 7-3, 10 PM ET

PostFri Jun 23, 2017 7:30 pm

As much as I would have liked a live draft, as it (in theory) gives a more even distribution of talent than the autodraft, I've joined the autodraft Lefty Pitchers League created by edwardneal63, which is mentioned earlier in this thread and uses the same rules and cap as this league, except that Ed's Lefty Pitchers League isn't a live draft.

In addition to being unable to fill in the 2+ weeks I've had the league in this forum, complicating matters is that the BSers Tourney scheduled a second live draft for that night that starts just half an hour after the start of our live draft on 6-27-17 at 9:30 P.M. Eastern Time.

So thanks to all who have joined the league and hung in there over the last couple of weeks. The draft date has been changed to July 3, 2017 at 10 P.M. Eastern Time, so those signed up for the live draft will get an email from SOM and hopefully check this forum and see this update.

I'll keep this league up through the next live draft date and if it isn't close to filling by then, I'll consider pulling the plug.

In the meantime, I suggest that you consider joining me in Ed's autodraft Lefty Pitchers League, as it makes little sense to have two partially filled leagues with the same theme instead of moving forward with one completely filled league. - Bernie

warrenbob52

PostMon Jun 26, 2017 8:46 am

edwardneal63 wrote:"Are people league shopping, looking for a league with managers with a low winning percentage?"

Is that a thing? With my record, if I tried that, I'd never find a league I could join.

Unfortunately, the live draft did not fill tonight. I am ok with switching to an auto draft if you decide to do that. If you try a mid-week live draft, might want to try 9pm. Allows time for Westerners to get home and not too late for Easterners (hopefully).

Thanks for the effort to create the league BD.

When I was new we had a Ring Fling which was only open to players that didn't have any rings yet maybe you could try to revive that

BDWard

Re: LHPs Only league-$140 mil DH, LIVE DRAFT on 7-3, 10 PM E

PostTue Jul 04, 2017 12:02 pm

The league has been posted for about 3 weeks and came within 4-5 teams of filling a couple of times, but it looks like it's a no go for a live draft, so I'm pulling the plug.

Thanks t everyone who expressed interest in joining the league. - Bernie
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: All-Time Greats