2023 Excel SS is updated

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

2023 Excel SS is updated

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 7:18 pm

SOM let me know that they have added the A-E steal ratings back to the spreadsheet. tcochran asked why they were missing in this thread. They also said that the download "now includes another sheet designed to help map player names." Perhaps this addresses Stoney's concern, in the same thread, about formatting the Ratings Guide to the spreadsheet.

The spreadsheet is here:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/playerset/browse/3023

Stoney18

Re: 2023 Excel SS is updated

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 8:11 pm

Awesome! Thanks for taking care of that.

Palmtana

PostThu Mar 21, 2024 9:22 pm

Well, I could say its a case of one manger with Lincoln, NE ties looking out for another. Or I could say that SOM reached out to me with the new SS information on their own. In this instance, all credit to SOM.

tcochran

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 11:30 am

Note to Palmtana: Hey Bob, thanks for getting Strat to take a look at the steal ratings. Now, can you go back and ask them to try again?

I had already pimped out a new spreadsheet for my Pre-Card Draft Keeper League team, so I went back and updated it with the expanded steal info. Sadly, I found the 6 of my 25 hitters had very different ratings than before:
Guillorme, Luis
Meadows, Parker
Pereira, Everson
Pratto, Nick
Rodriguez, Endy
Varsho, Daulton

Guillorme, for example, with 0 SB in 0 attempts, went from -/- (---) in the original listing to (B) *6/- (19-11) in the new one.

And Rodriguez, also with 0 SB in 0 attempts, went from -/- (---) in the original listing to (A) *4-6/- (19-13).

Can you snd the Strat folk back to the drawing board?

Palmtana

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Well, I don't have a special in with SOM. I post the email address for them all the time in threads with the hope that members will contact them directly with questions rather than hoping the issue is seen by them in the forums.

365support@strat-o-matic.com

tcochran

PostSat Mar 23, 2024 2:07 pm

Palmtana wrote:Well, I don't have a special in with SOM. I post the email address for them all the time in threads with the hope that members will contact them directly with questions rather than hoping the issue is seen by them in the forums.

No worries, it had just sounded as if you already had an email thread going. I sent an email to them just now.

tcochran

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 11:02 am

tcochran wrote:
Palmtana wrote:Well, I don't have a special in with SOM. I post the email address for them all the time in threads with the hope that members will contact them directly with questions rather than hoping the issue is seen by them in the forums.

No worries, it had just sounded as if you already had an email thread going. I sent an email to them just now.

Strat support replied:

Looks like when we copied the new steal column over to the sheet, it managed to not align right.
We've done a full regen of the data to correct for this, so now the sheet should properly be in order.

Palmtana

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 11:22 am

Good job Terry.

Ninersphan

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 5:18 pm

I have married the salaries to the ratings spreadsheet. It always takes a little finagling, but I always find it helpful. If there are league commissioners that already own the ratings download that would like this resource, I can offer it in two formats, one with just the salaried players married to the ratings info or I have it with the salaries added to the online players, but the listing includes every player that played in MLB last year. Obviously, those that aren't carded don't have a salary listed. Send me a PM if you are interested and we can work out the details.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx