Re: double plays

PostSat Mar 16, 2024 8:53 am

perfect Splendid

understand 100%

badassba

PostSun Mar 17, 2024 1:48 am

For what it's worth:

I stay away from hitter cards with more than 14DP count (GBA's) but if I feel I have to take ONE (and only 1) then I would put them either lead off (if their OBP is high enough) or in 8th or 9th spot if they are relatively weak hitters. If they are relatively weak hitters then they are cheap and they have good defense.

I like pitchers with 6+ DP count but strikeout pitchers typically don't have high DP counts so I don't hold them to that threshold.

cheers and good luck

Big Fred Whitfield

PostSun Mar 17, 2024 2:17 am

thanx "bad" (a likely better nickname than using a different part of your moniker lol)

that threshold kind of info is exactly what I was looking for

i havent' seen a lot of pitchers with 6+ gba. that seems to be a high mark, but maybe i haven't looked at enough....a lot I saw seemed to have anywhere from 3, 4, up to 6

for hitters, that's a good goal, for sure.....i've started to downgrade otherwise good hitters not because they are hurting me directly, but because i'm tired of my offense creating inning/game killing DPs

i found one reliever (RP) also with like 14 or so GbA !!!!!

and when I see a hitter that has almost none, they are becoming more and more attractive

I know it's only one thing (like golf, head down, back straight, eye on ball, follow through, etc.) in a large collection of factors, but super appreciate all the info guys
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx