double plays off. and def.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

TheGreatestSOMFan

double plays off. and def.

PostSun Feb 11, 2024 3:28 pm

sorry for queries, I have played SOM a lot, firstly as a teen many moons ago, and more recently the past several years online or the home game (PC version).....

ive only played one paid league (365) and before I commit to another, wish to get some information regarding different topics of concern....all feedback and replies super appreciated (depreciate = lose value, appreciate = increase in value, thus "I appreciate it" = thank you for increasing my value)

Defensive/Pitchers double plays:.......

1) how important are these (def ratings, or anything from position player's defensive perspective) for players ?

2) and how important are they on pitchers cards (however a DP can result, and primarily speaking groundballs, not lineout or popout DP) ?

3) is there a minimum # (value, depending if the groundballA is on a 7 or a 2 for example) of DP points a pitchers card should have ?

4) how large a difference (point/value) between 2 pitcher's cards is enough to make a large enough impact to matter ? (for discussion's sake, lets say over a 162 game season)

for offensive players cards:

1) how much is too much ? (how much over average, what is the average if anyone knows, etc ?)

2) is there a maximum point value of DPs to stay under ?

3) if a player is measured by their overall TB/Onbase points/value on their cards, does more than average DP subtract from that total ? (creating 2 outs instead of 1, literally an inning killer)

misc double play questions:

1) is there any advice to avoid double plays on offensive cards (stadium choice, anything hitter related, etc.) ?

2) is there any advice to increase double plays on pitcher's cards (stadium choice, anything pitcher related, etc.) ?

misc double play luck question:

*) does anyone else seem to REGULARLY hit into a DP when your team is trailing and trying to come back, occuring 3-4 times again, roughly almost half the innings played ?........

thank you

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx