super advanced clutch hitting system

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Big Fred Whitfield

super advanced clutch hitting system

PostSun Jan 14, 2024 5:35 am

sorry for many questions, I did just go thru complete rules to see if this one was there, but couldn't find it sorry

1. is there a "LOB" stat anywhere ? (left on base) wishing it for hitters mostly, mine seem to absorb a horrible amount of bad luck/clutch

2. there are stats called clutch hits and outs on roster page, which shows "according to super advanced clutch hitting system" after approximately 60 league games, my stats are 0-12....(zero outs turned into hits and 12 hits turned into outs seemingly)......is there any way to help my team with this ?....is there a "clutch" rating for each player I don't know about ?

is there any way to find the info on that super advanced clutch hitting system anywhere ?......

thank you

rolandzeut

Re: super advanced clutch hitting system

PostSun Jan 14, 2024 6:55 pm

Clutch hits/outs are the rolls on the cards with a $

Willy Adames in 2022 has positive clutch ($) rolls @ 1-5 v. LHP and 1-9 v. RHP (Outs turn into hits)
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/93641/2022/1/2022

Albert Pujols in 2022 has negative clutch rolls - 1-4, 1-12, & 2-5 v. LHP and 1-3 & 1-5 v. RHP (Hits turn into outs)
https://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/924/2022/1/2022

clutch hits/out happen when there are 2 out and a runner in scoring position

Big Fred Whitfield

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 12:20 am

Roland u totally rock, thank u

I didn't know that, but one last question....I understand the situation (runners on 2 out) and the dollar sign, but:

1) in your description, you're using a backwards dollar sign for the negative rating on Pujols card.....but when I view the cards and the results u mentioned, (i.e. 1-4 on Adames and 1-5 on Pujols both against LHP), the dollar sign looks the same on both cards (not backwards on Pujols)......thus lends the question, how did you know, find out, or can see the info you stated, that Adames has positive clutch potential (seemingly, if I'm understanding correctly) but surprisingly all time great Pujols has negative clutch potential ?

sorry if I'm missing something, I understand the premise and general meaning/rules, just confused how to tell difference between a player's positive and negative clutch rating(s), thank you for any additional help (or from anyone else also thank u)

Eddie E

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 2:48 pm

If the $ sign is on a number that has a hit then it becomes a clutch out. If it is on an out then it becomes a clutch hit (two star single)

rolandzeut

PostTue Jan 16, 2024 1:03 pm

"just confused how to tell difference between a player's positive and negative clutch rating"

Simple, if a card has $ on on hit roll, that becomes a clutch out - negative clutch
if a card has a $ on an out roll, that becomes a clutch hit - positive clutch

negative and positive are the terms that I use, not sure how common the phrasing is..

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx