WTF ???

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

padrenurgle1

Re: WTF ???

PostTue Feb 13, 2024 11:05 pm

I am a skeptic about lowering fatigue ratings. I basically build strong staffs and only burn out the best of the best with F8s. Everyone else gets NO fatigue rating. I'd rather have Hal yank my starters in the 6th then have them give up 3 run homers in the 8th.

divad

PostWed Feb 14, 2024 12:43 pm

why this and F setting this & F nsetting that? Why can't HAL speak english instead of heiroglyphics? :)-

shoop

PostTue Feb 20, 2024 5:02 pm

In a follow to this..........."I have been playing in a dice and card league myself recently, and some of the insane rolling".....In a card and dice game I played last year, the play result ROLLS came out as a single for TEN batters CONSECUTIVLEY....!!!!!.....So odd things do occur,,,,,and in this on line game when so many games are played compared to when rolling the dice, more rare things will be scene.

padrenurgle1

PostTue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 pm

shoop wrote:In a follow to this..........."I have been playing in a dice and card league myself recently, and some of the insane rolling".....In a card and dice game I played last year, the play result ROLLS came out as a single for TEN batters CONSECUTIVLEY....!!!!!.....So odd things do occur,,,,,and in this on line game when so many games are played compared to when rolling the dice, more rare things will be scene.

I know this is derailing, but I have to say the most outrageous paper stratomatic moment of my life was in 1987, in the World Series. We had 6 guys with teams comprised of the best players from 2 teams; I had the Mets and Indians.

This was back in the days of pink split cards (they must use a d20 now...because the split cards were not random. You could card count like in Vegas. As the stack got down low, you could recall how many low or high numbers had already shown up). There were only a few cards left in the stack, and I KNEW that most of the low numbers below 10 had not been drawn. I had Cory Snyder on third, Joe Carter up, and announced that Snyder (a D) was going to steal home. The guy I was playing with didn't believe me. I'm like, "There he goes!" Picked a 3, Game, series championship on a steal of home by Cory Snyder. Dude threw his cards across the room, lol.

GehringerHornsyLajoie

PostThu Feb 22, 2024 4:39 am

the only thing more classic than that story (what an ending), is the precision memory of every fact and detail, which runner was where, probably remember what you ate for lunch that day lol, like any true sports/SOM fan ;- )
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx