Platooning of backup players (subs)

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

badassba

Platooning of backup players (subs)

PostFri Dec 29, 2023 3:27 am

Dear Strato Gang,
Currently in strato365, you can list platoon subs for hitters. But what about when those players are injured and you want different platoon 'pairs' for your substitute hitters? We have to monitor injuries, then change settings just for the time our player is injured and then reset them to original. But with a small change to strato365 it could be set up to deal with all this without extra effort and monitoring of injured players.

Currently
Original CF hitter vs lefty pitcher = Trout; Sub1 = Brujan; Platoon PH= 'blank'
Original CF hitter vs righty pitcher = Trout; Sub1 = Jones; Platoon PH = 'blank'

What I'd like
Original CF hitter vs lefty pitcher = Trout; Sub1 = Brujan; Platoon1 PH= 'blank'; Platoon2 (for sub) PH = Jones
Original CF hitter vs righty pitcher = Trout; Sub1 = Jones; Platoon1 PH = 'blank'; Platoon2 (for sub) PH = Brujan

You can see that now, I've set it so that when Trout is injured and CF is shared between Brujan and Jones, they can operate as a platoon without me monitoring Trout's injuries and changing my lineups during the injury period and then changing back once Trout is uninjured.
Would anyone else like this feature?
thanks
Last edited by badassba on Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eddie E

Re: Platooning of backup players (subs)

PostFri Dec 29, 2023 11:40 am

Not sure I understand the question but if you are asking how to bring in a pinch hitter who is 9R when a righthanded reliever takes over for a left handed starter then just list the pinch hitter as a platoon pinch hitter in the settings.

badassba

PostMon Jan 01, 2024 9:15 pm

Eddie E wrote:Not sure I understand the question but if you are asking how to bring in a pinch hitter who is 9R when a righthanded reliever takes over for a left handed starter then just list the pinch hitter as a platoon pinch hitter in the settings.

Thanks for the reply but that isn't what I'm asking about. Appreciate the effort though and I've rewritten the question so that hopefully the question is more clear.
cheers

Eddie E

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 5:02 pm

In your lineup construction, it offers two backups. So you can list Brujan as first option vs lefties and Jones as second option. List Jones as first option vs righties and Brujan as second option. So if Trout gets hurt then Brujan plays against lefties and Jones against righties. Then mark Brujan as avoid righties and Jones as avoid lefties so when a right hander comes in to face Brujan during a Trout injury, Jones will pinch hit for Brujan and vice versa.

I hope I understand, if not i guess i'm a little thick.

badassba

PostFri Jan 05, 2024 6:26 am

Eddie E wrote:In your lineup construction, it offers two backups. So you can list Brujan as first option vs lefties and Jones as second option. List Jones as first option vs righties and Brujan as second option. So if Trout gets hurt then Brujan plays against lefties and Jones against righties. Then mark Brujan as avoid righties and Jones as avoid lefties so when a right hander comes in to face Brujan during a Trout injury, Jones will pinch hit for Brujan and vice versa.

I hope I understand, if not i guess i'm a little thick.

Dear Eddie E,
Thanks for that suggestion: sounds reasonable. I will try it out.
Appreciate your thoughts on this.
regards
Bruce

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx