Defensive ratings

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

B.L. Brown

Re: Defensive ratings

PostThu Jan 11, 2024 10:03 pm

First, thanks for compiling and posting these ratings.
Going back to the Trea Turner rating. Watching the Phils every day, the 3 is not surprising. With an improved Bohm or ball-hog Sosa at 3B and Stott at 2B, he didn't need to have 1 or even 2 range. His early offensive struggles affected his defense and it didn't really improve when he started hitting. His high error total should have been even higher if not for generous Phils' official scoring. Hopefully, he puts together a complete season in '24.

drokxytext

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 9:03 am

The e rating at middle Infield will be a huge factor.

Ninersphan

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 12:21 pm

chasenally wrote:
the ghost of roger maris wrote:
elpasopesos wrote:Did I read that right? With over 300 AB Bader will be an additional card?

he'll be in the 365 game....the additional card stuff is the computer and board game

So, does that mean that Drew Rasmussen will be carded next year? He has a add next to his name. He only had 8 starts. If he gets a card, I am set before the draft starts in 1 league. You can lie to me, and I will wait to be disappointed later. :shock:

He might be a candidate for the Unleashed set only. I haven't seen his ratings but if he has a really good card that's likely what will happen.

chasenally

PostSat Jan 20, 2024 2:30 am

Thanks Niner
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Jerlins

PostMon Feb 19, 2024 11:51 pm

Updated roster does not include the Garver for Neto trade that Smitty and I made.

Palmtana

PostTue Feb 20, 2024 12:55 am

Wrong thread Jerlins.

apolivka

PostSat Feb 24, 2024 1:54 pm

I only really watch enough games in person to to comment about my home team ratings, but for Milwaukee:

Willy Adames getting a 1 is a total gift.
Brice Turang got the rarely awarded 1 as a rookie 2b and it was totally deserved.
Joey Wiemer might have deserved a 1 in CF, but it was close

The Brewers might have lead the league in "Strato D" as well with Contraras, Santana, Wiemer, Mitchell, Anderson, Perkins, Frelick, Donaldson, and Taylor all getting 2s. Basically they had two 1s and all the rest 2s the vast majority of the season except for all the games Rowdy played at first where he was a 3. (Yellich, also a 3, was mostly a DH) Honestly, it's a really good example of how defense can win games, cause many of those guys can't hit!
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx