365 Draft Question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Steve565656

365 Draft Question

PostSat Nov 04, 2023 8:50 pm

when the players you rank are to be picked is the draft order a snake or a straight draft where the team who picked 1st picks 1st every round? and does the waiver position of your team show you where you picked by your waiver position reversed on how the picks went ? just trying to understand and learn how to get players I hoped for but never get them in the draft, Thanks,,,

Steve565656

Re: 365 Draft Question

PostMon Nov 06, 2023 9:39 am

Nobody can help with this? Ive played against so many guys who have 200-300 or more leagues someone please explain how the draft goes Thanks,

barrmorris

PostMon Nov 06, 2023 10:33 am

There is no draft order. See below from the rules

Step 2: Rank Your Players
Once you complete your draft list, you will be asked to rank your players. Just drag the player (or use the arrows to the right of their name) to the spot where you want him listed. The Auto List Draft uses this ranking to determine which team receives a player if more than one team has him on their draft card.

How the Auto List Draft works

The Auto List Draft uses the following logic to draft the teams:
If a player was selected by only one team, that team gets him.
If a player was selected by more than one team:
The team that ranked that player highest gets him.
If more than one team tied for ranking that player the highest:
That player is randomly awarded to one of those teams that ranked him the same.
For each team that lost out on a player:
The team receives the next highest-priced available player that is not on another team's draft card and has the same primary position of the original player that the team lost out on. The player received cannot exceed the original player's salary unless no other players remain at or below the original player's salary.

Steve565656

PostMon Nov 06, 2023 1:25 pm

Ok Thanks for pointing that out so do you Know how is the waiver list made? I dont get the Radomly awarded if more than 1 team has the same player ranked but that Team cant get any player thats ranked by another team, no wonder I never get the guys at the top I pick but always get #1 waiver not such a prize, 365 should let you change your ballpark after the roster is made cause you build a team for that park and then dont get half the players for that park and get guys that dont lineup with that kind of park,

Palmtana

PostMon Nov 06, 2023 1:58 pm

Again from the Rules:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/help/rules/baseball

- How is the Waiver Priority determined?

For Auto List Draft leagues:
The Waiver Priority order is based on the weight of draft picks lost from your Draft Card, among the picks up to the minimum number of players required on a team in the given player set. For example, if you have an ATG 8 team where the minimum is 24 players, if you lose out on your top ranked player on your Draft Card, that's worth 24 weighted points for Waiver Priority. If your team loses its 24th ranked player on your Draft Card, that's worth 1 weighted point. Draft picks ranked 25 and beyond would not be considered. The team with the most total weighted points would be first in the League Waiver Priority, and the team with the fewest would be last. If there is a tie for an amount of weighted points, the Waiver Priority spots are randomly assigned to those teams. You can view the League Waiver Priority list during the Waivers Period by going to "Your Waiver Claims" page.

Steve565656

PostMon Nov 06, 2023 9:18 pm

Thanks this explains a ton for me! Seems I need to learn how to rank players that might be a wish list player and maybe target cheaper salary guys higher, from what Ive noticed guys rank certain players who are platoon guys or relief pitchers who are strong against certain batting hitters, thanks so much for sharing, every bit helps learn how to one day get the players on a team I really want to play with,

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx