Confused

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Steve565656

Re: Confused

PostWed Nov 01, 2023 12:40 pm

HAL is still haunting me, Yesterday My catcher goes on the IR for the 2nd time, OK thats nothing odd, but the timing is, the last time he was hurt was day before I play the team in my league with 3 AAA and 2 AA base stealing guys, now again same team on the schedule for the next game and boom he's out for 4 games again, and the crazy part is its really the only team that steals bases, so any other time is arm would not be missed, Just hope my pitchers can step up and keep a couple off the bases, could be a long night just when my team was showing signs of life,,, Now tonight Lead off single, next batter single, he's a B stealing he's thrown out why is he stealing only HAL knows seeing I have it set to normal, next batter single, hes a AA he tries to steal thrown out? next batter Single, then pop out for the 3rd out, so 4 hits in a row and I score 1 run and lose the game 2-1 WOW, Thanks for the memories HAL, lost the last 5 out 6 by 1 run,That winning run was scored the bottom of the 9th with 1 out with a runner was on 3rd and a gb (2b) C comes up game over how isn't the infield in? its listed after the 3rd inning? HAL has been lop-sided all season against me,

Steve565656

PostWed Nov 15, 2023 4:35 pm

HAL is still kicking my butt against the odds somewhat, last night I should of had my 1st sweep of the season but a 1-2 triple and a 1-4 HR beat me back to back innings, I guess its just my luck, or lack of, But the timing is the rub, its always with a lead and last couple innings, seeing its the hitters card even the best pitcher in the world still gives up the hit, seeing Im a stats geek I kinda track all this and its crazy how many times a 1-2 comes up for a hit

Steve565656

PostFri Nov 17, 2023 1:38 pm

Well still on HAL's bad side last night team Im playing has 13 batters come to the plate in the 3rd inning and 8 in a row were hits on the hitters card, lost 3 straight 13-12, 11-2 even out hit the other team and then a 13-5 beatdown where Bonds Had 3 HR's 8 rbi's thats just repeat numbers for a great hitter, but HAL isn't my friend,

elpasopesos

PostTue Nov 21, 2023 9:41 pm

Steve,
You just have to love HAL. Hail, HAL!

Steve565656

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 1:33 pm

He's back at me this time is it HAL at its finest?

0. M.Duncan 2-5. Triple (CF). b-0. F-9
1. P.Rose. 6-5. Pop Out (SS). b-0. F-9
2. J.Wilson. 6-7. Strike Out. b-0. F-9

thats the end of the game?

I'm trying to understand where the 3rd out came from? anybody help me understand how to read where the 3rd out came Did Duncan get thrown out trying for a inside the park? Im kinda new at this and this isn't the 1st time It doesnt show me how a out happen and Im 1 game behind from a playoff spot

elpasopesos

PostFri Nov 24, 2023 7:58 pm

Correct. Duncan was thrown out stretching a Triple. If you want this to happen less, set your baserunning to conservative.

Steve565656

PostSat Nov 25, 2023 10:47 am

Please tell me how if the card says TRIPLE he has a chance for a extra base? I dont think Ive ever seen a HR coming from a triple on a players card been playing Strat 53 yrs. I had my running at normal, to be honest it was a backbreaking play, I lost out of the playoffs by 1 game, this is the last game I lost 2-1 and this was the 9th inning W.Mays was the next batter,Also started out 28-43 losing 14 of those games by 1 run and half in extra innings, came back to end up 83-79 so going 55-36 and looking back at how many times I lost on a 1-2 HR coming up for the hitter, my team was better than a couple that snuck in but 2 of them had terrible teams in there division so easy wins the last 40 games, Thanks for the info.... and HAL still hates me...

barrmorris

PostSat Nov 25, 2023 1:17 pm

Steve565656 wrote:Please tell me how if the card says TRIPLE he has a chance for a extra base? I dont think Ive ever seen a HR coming from a triple on a players card been playing Strat 53 yrs...

It's in the rules under max rules
"More baserunning decisions -- This allows for more baserunning decisions because it does not follow the board game rules for baserunning. The computer manager decides to send a runner from first to third on a Single* or a Single** reading. In the board game Single* means a single with runners advancing one base and Single** means a single with runners advancing two bases (it is automatic in both cases, no option exists). This also allows certain base hits to be stretched. For instance, some singles will have an option to be stretched into a double, some doubles to triples and some triples to inside the park homeruns!"

Steve565656

PostSun Nov 26, 2023 1:24 am

barrmorris wrote:
Steve565656 wrote:Please tell me how if the card says TRIPLE he has a chance for a extra base? I dont think Ive ever seen a HR coming from a triple on a players card been playing Strat 53 yrs...

It's in the rules under max rules
"More baserunning decisions -- This allows for more baserunning decisions because it does not follow the board game rules for baserunning. The computer manager decides to send a runner from first to third on a Single* or a Single** reading. In the board game Single* means a single with runners advancing one base and Single** means a single with runners advancing two bases (it is automatic in both cases, no option exists). This also allows certain base hits to be stretched. For instance, some singles will have an option to be stretched into a double, some doubles to triples and some triples to inside the park homeruns!"

Thanks, not the best timing nobody out for the green light to try and score , 99% of the time a runner will stop at 3rd that late in a game, but Hey Its my buddy HAL helping me out again,,, lost again in the 9th on a 1-4 HR tonight after my guys flies out with a ballpark 1-17 HR, the inning before with 2 guys on base,,,
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx