Lowest team batting average for a winning team

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

apolivka

Lowest team batting average for a winning team

PostWed Oct 04, 2023 11:54 am

This team for me finished with a .194 team Batting Average and ended up winning 92 games and won it's division:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1736030

The team lead the league in HRs, Walks, and Strikeouts. It was obviously dead last in hits and batting average. Very much an extreme team in every way. I think it would be pretty hard to duplicate with many of the 20xxs sets because you really need a large group of players to find enough guys (at every position) for a theme like this. But it really did let me cheap out on offense and put together a pretty strong staff that could still keep my opponents BPHRs at least somewhat in check.

Fun facts:

I was surprisingly never no-hit. Thought it would happen several times. I was one-hit three times I think.
Adam Dunn was 5th on his team is strikeouts. Doubt he could ever come close to that in real life
My team batting champion was Craig Monroe at .218
I had HFA for the playoffs, but hit only 2 HRs and was swept in the first round. All or nothing for sure.
Jerrod Dyson was initially perplexed why he was on this team, but amazingly fit right in
I hit over twice as many HRs as my opponents

Anyone else have a winning team with a BA under the Mendoza line?

krazykat

Re: Lowest team batting average for a winning team

PostThu Oct 05, 2023 2:07 pm

In our Keeper League for Dummies Season 1 my Seattle Rays (94-68) won the championship with a .199/.293/.347 slash line. It had a +38 run diff which comes out to a 87-75 Exp. W/L record. However I think the 31-21 1-run record and 13-10 XI record helped them win more than expected. The BP was very strong. In fact fellow GM randal64 used what he coined as the "TB strategy" in our second season to lead his Philly Bay Rayphils to the finals.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1724576

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx