Triple question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

amichaud

Triple question

PostFri Aug 04, 2023 8:31 pm

If a batter did not have a triple in real life … can he get a triple on a pitchers card or only by using the X fielding chart?
Thanks

amichaud

Re: Triple question

PostFri Aug 04, 2023 9:33 pm

I found some posts that say yes it is possible to hit a triple off the pitchers card even if the hitter hit zero triples

milleram

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 3:36 am

You found your own answer--A definite YES.

Lesser known though...If he is a fast runner--it's possible to get an inside-the-park HR on a Triple result--every once in a while, HAL will try to take an extra base on a bad OF arm. Easy to spot with weak hitters--especially those that hit no HR at all that season, but with guys like Trout you may never even notice it if you don't pay attention to the roll results in play-by-play.

My first year playing on-line I had 2 inside the park HR with 2012 Jarrod Dyson card (a low priced CF) --easy to remember as that was my first instance of HRs like that. Dyson hit none that season. I've had a few more over the years. I think Doubles can be stretched to Triples also--especially with a bad arm in RF.

apolivka

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 11:15 am

This superadvanced "taking the extra base" rule is even easier to see when guys get a double and are out at 3rd, or hit a triple and end up out at the plate. Very annoying, especially when you have your running strategy to "conservative".

Not to be a annoying whiner, but we've asked for YEARS for these black box rules to have toggles when setting up a league. I would love to be able to turn off this, clutch hitting, guarding the lines, outfield in, etc. Basically the rules that cause things to happen off the actual carded results. They just add confusion and annoyance to the online game.

I guess I wouldn't care as much if the play-by-play actually noted when it happened. Something like:

Joe Blow 1-4 ground out (3b) -> Double(lf) because guarding corners rule.

Eddie E

PostTue Aug 08, 2023 12:45 pm

apolivka wrote:Not to be a annoying whiner, but we've asked for YEARS for these black box rules to have toggles when setting up a league. I would love to be able to turn off this, clutch hitting, guarding the lines, outfield in, etc. Basically the rules that cause things to happen off the actual carded results. They just add confusion and annoyance to the online game.

Couldnt agree with you more.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx