Stats History

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Stats History

PostSun Jul 09, 2023 3:31 pm

It was a good thought to add Stats History to the Player set Browser--but Strat very seldom updates it--not a single update for 2022 season so far and how many leagues have played by mid July???

Nor was there any stats for 64,69 or 71 seasons--they need to add a header at top for how many leagues it has averaged and auto update it every time an applicable league is completed--or just drop it if that is too much trouble.

Katecarey

Re: Stats History

PostMon Jul 17, 2023 5:30 am

If you are experiencing issues with Strat-O-Matic's Player set Browser or have concerns about the lack of updates or missing stats, I recommend reaching out to Strat-O-Matic directly. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding their software, updates, and any concerns you may have.

You can visit the Strat-O-Matic website, check their support or contact page, or reach out to their customer support for assistance. They will be best equipped to address your specific inquiries and provide any necessary support or updates.

Palmtana

PostMon Jul 17, 2023 2:13 pm

The post above is obviously spam....first post by the poster....generic info....But unlike most auto-generated spam this one is very well written . There's no awkward text like others. The punctuation is spot on. I was just going to delete it but thought I would ask if you think it's quality is because of AI.....Chatbot....I don't know anything about either.

tcochran

PostMon Jul 17, 2023 4:55 pm

Good catch, Bob. I've been experimenting with Google Bard and that looks exactly like the cheerful, semi-formal text that Bard would generate. :D

tcochran

PostTue Jul 18, 2023 10:47 am

I entered milleram's original post as a Bard prompt and here's the response I received...

I agree with you that the Stats History feature on the Player set Browser is a great idea, but it's unfortunate that it's not updated very often. I'm not sure why Strat-O-Matic doesn't update it more regularly, but it would be helpful to know how many leagues have played each season and how the players have performed in those leagues.

I also think it would be helpful to have a header at the top of the Stats History page that shows how many leagues have been completed on average. This would give users a better idea of how reliable the data is.

Finally, I think it would be great if the Stats History page was automatically updated every time an applicable league is completed. This would ensure that the data is always up-to-date.

I've sent feedback to Strat-O-Matic about these suggestions, and I hope they'll consider making some changes to the Stats History feature. In the meantime, I'll keep checking back to see if the data is updated.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a way to track the performance of players in different seasons, you could try using a third-party website like Strat-O-Matic Archive. This website has a database of player stats from all seasons, and you can filter the data by season, league, and other criteria.

I hope this helps!

Palmtana

PostTue Jul 18, 2023 10:02 pm

Sheesh. Thanks Terry. So the AI focused in on the phrase "Stats History" in milleram's post and went from there? milleram called the company "Strat" but the AI new to write "Strat-O-Matic." Amazing. These bots usually show just "1" post under their Manager name so I should still be able to recognize the spam posts to delete them.

Hopefully none of the bots that are sometimes used to fill out leagues learn English. Then I'll be in a quandary whether to delete their post or not.

milleram

PostSat Jul 22, 2023 1:40 am

Evidently the Bot worked :shock: ....stats history was updated. :)

Palmtana

PostSat Jul 22, 2023 2:29 am

Never doubt the power of the Bot lol. I pointed out this "AI" thread to SOM and they replied that they had also taken note of it. They must have seen your concern while they were here, milleram.

Knerrpool

PostFri Aug 04, 2023 12:33 pm

tcochran wrote:In the meantime, if you're looking for a way to track the performance of players in different seasons, you could try using a third-party website like Strat-O-Matic Archive. This website has a database of player stats from all seasons, and you can filter the data by season, league, and other criteria.

Can you post a link to the Strat-O-Matic Archive site? Thanks.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx