MLB has figured it out, shouldn't Strat-o-matic follow suit?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Radagast Brown

MLB has figured it out, shouldn't Strat-o-matic follow suit?

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 12:39 pm

MLB is moving away from the ridiculous amount of division games to a more fair and balanced schedule next season.

Does anyone else see three divisions of 4 teams with nearly half your games against your division as random, stupid, and not very fair?

Wouldn't two divisions of 6 with two wild cards and a much more balanced schedule work a lot better?

No longer would the 3 or even 4 best teams get stuck in the same division without a fair chance at the playoffs.

MLB has finally figured this out. It's not fair to teams like Tampa and Baltimore compared to teams like Minnesota, Cleveland and Chicago.

No more will St.Louis and Milwaukee get 60+ games against The Reds, Pirates and Cubs, while Arizona gets 60+ games against the Dodgers, Padres and Giants.

I am just asking for a little common sense. If MLB can figure it out and change for the better, why can't Strat-o-matic?

Verbal Warrior

Re: MLB has figured it out, shouldn't Strat-o-matic follow s

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 2:48 pm

It's for this very reason why I don't play 12 team leagues. I can't stand playing the same 3 teams 24 times. If you're in a tough division it sucks.

If you ask me they should create leagues where 2 12 team leagues run concurrently and then have the winners play in a 'World Series' 7 game series. I mean how hard can that be and it would be really satisfying to 'Win it'.

They could do that in ATG for sure.

milleram

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 6:06 pm

I always liked the balanced schedule of the pre wildcard days (1993 or earlier) for 12 teams--two divisions, 18 games vs in division teams and 12 out of division---if you want wildcards just take the next two best teams even if they are both from same division.

It still amounts to 90 in--72 out, but there are no teams you play only 9 against, plus the 24 per team is down to 18 in division.

Risden

PostSun Aug 28, 2022 10:52 am

milleram wrote:I always liked the balanced schedule of the pre wildcard days (1993 or earlier) for 12 teams--two divisions, 18 games vs in division teams and 12 out of division---if you want wildcards just take the next two best teams even if they are both from same division.

It still amounts to 90 in--72 out, but there are no teams you play only 9 against, plus the 24 per team is down to 18 in division.

Agreed

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx