2022 All Star Game.

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

2022 All Star Game.

PostThu Jul 21, 2022 1:40 am

I watched the game after 4 innings. I love baseball and I have zero interest in watching it anymore more except for the 4 keepers leagues teams I play on Strat. So I follow it to see what my players are doing for the upcoming season or I would fall asleep unless like watching golf. Let me say that again unless like watching golf or grass grow.
That being said I loved this game. Stanton and Judge were being interviewed in LF and RF during the game and Stanton was asked how they stay focused Stanton said they play Rock Paper Scissors. When the Yankee catcher was on first base he said he was being rooted on by his dugout to run and the announcer asked him why he didn't he responded his family was watching. The best part was Nestor Cortez was pitching to his battery mate and what they talked about and when Cortez said you call the pitch. What makes this work is when the battery mate was on first talking to us during the complete at bat of the next batter and he popped up he asked them "I am supposed to because there are 2 outs" The announcer responded quickly with "Yes 2 outs run". This can work and it will save baseball more than a pitch clock or RP's having to face 3 batters. Best game I have ever watched and I do understand that it was the All Star Game. That being said the winner gets home field advantage and that is big. Bring this stuff on.
I also like the response from the rookie from Seattle when he was asked with All Star was he looking forward to meeting the most and he said "all of them." I enjoyed that game and would like to see more of this kind of game during the regular season and playoffs. Just get announcers to help them out like these guys did when they keep them away from what is going on during the game. Baseball can make you sleep even when you have been playing since you were a kid. I have watched player turn a double play and run into the dugout not understanding why 7 people are still manning their position.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Jerlins

Re: 2022 All Star Game.

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 2:14 pm

I still enjoy watching, but have to admit a lot of it has to do with watching my keeper league players perform. Funny though, how often I hear "it's boring". How much more boring is it than watching a total of 11 minutes of action in a 3 hour long game of football? I think it's safe to assume, that without the gambling and fantasy aspect of the game, few people would actually sit at home watching a game of football. Hockey and basketball are probably the 2 major sports with the most action, though I am not a fan of either.

chasenally

Re: 2022 All Star Game.

PostTue Jul 26, 2022 6:44 pm

I completely agree. I no longer have a fantasy football and I no longer watch football. If I didn't have keeper leagues on this site, I would still watch some baseball. I have no idea who is in first place, and I don't care. Once the season is over, I don't watch the post season. I was on a gambling site for a while and I watched tennis and soccer. Once I was down $300 I quit playing. I really am bad a gambling.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx