Newbie Question

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Hahmad08

Newbie Question

PostSat Dec 25, 2021 5:06 pm

Relatively new strat player. I've been playing ATG for a while but trying out a 2000s league now.

I see some SPs still have a*. Is a 4 man rotation still possible in 2000s, or should the * be ignored on cards?

Thanks. I'm sure this answer is online somewhere but not sure exactly where to find it

Radagast Brown

Re: Newbie Question

PostSun Dec 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Any pitcher with a star can be used in a 4 man rotation with no ill effects...

If it is a newer season that only allows 5 man rotations, you won't see the star next to the starting pitcher.

toronto50

Re: Newbie Question

PostMon Dec 27, 2021 4:42 pm

i do okay and have a good ratio of getting in the playoffs. here are some good guidelines for most of my teams.

1. The most important rule for my teams is to have great hitting vs Righty pitching. so always have 5 to 7 lefties that hit righties well. And you can get some of these players on the cheap.
2. the above corresponds to the need for platoons. a good platoon can often outperform superstars and also be cheaper.
3. The best relievers need to pitch more. i often see great closers pitching only 40-50 innings. take closer off of maximize. change fatigue rating to f7 or less. and get them in to more games, especially the pre2020 sets. they can get 150 innings.
4. defence. ss 2b cf. get a better 2b. get a catcher with -2 or better arm so the dps are still available. i will sacrifice offence for great defence in these spots
5. have some OF arms stop the first to third and second to home chances
6. speed does not slump
7. U dont need 11 pitchers in most sets. only have the minimum pitchers.
8. i often use my best relievers early in game and have a hard righty (dipoto in 98) or a hard lefty (rincon 98) as closers vs righties and closer vs lefties. i use a guy like shaw as an r2 to gobble the innings 5-8.
9 pre 2020- always use 4 sp*

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx