SOM cleanup?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

keyzick

SOM cleanup?

PostFri Nov 05, 2021 7:05 am

So I typically play the current season sets, but recently have played some of the older sets - 69, 82, 86, older 20xx, etc. - love them all, love this game, totally enjoying it.

What’s bugging me, is the lack of attention SOM is giving to the overall site maintenance, which Ive become even more aware of when I started playing these older sets.

Manager records
The history of teams/records incomplete- I can view older teams and their records, but they’re clearly not all compiled under the manager seasonal records.
In some cases, I can’t see a record of teams in the archives that I only know are missing because they were part of a seasonal keeper league.
There is a note when you pull up archives stating
“ NOTE: We've finished a basic import of your old teams from the 1969, and 2001-2005 season sets. Your teams' stat totals, W/L records, league standings, rosters and player stat totals are accounted for. We'll be proceeding to import the rest of the older sets (2006) to complete our records, after which we'll be able to restore our Manager Rating system. Thank you for your patience while we work through this extremely intricate process.”

I’m not sure how long they’ve that had that up, but it clearly is inaccurate.

These are pretty basic cleanup items. No, they don’t affect gameplay, but yes, addressing these things does enhance enjoyment of the overall SOM experience.

Simple summary: not all team records recorded/compiled in manager records; not all past teams viewable (and I don’t mean detailed stats, just at least the team name and record); no updated message on plans to address archives or ratings (yeah, ratings, that should start a new thread of conversations lol)

And finally, not a cleanup item, but a simple wish: why can’t the “records and trophies” section be expanded - eg., HR, RBI, AVG, and SB single season records tracked - why not the other basic stats recorded for every season (2bs, 3bs, SLG, etc.)

That’s it, got it off my chest. Not really a crazy rant, just a relatively simple request.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx