injury's

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

crooshair224

injury's

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 1:05 pm

I am perplexed as to how I can lose 4 of my starters in 2 days to injury. They don't have a high injury rate except my catcher. This seems to be a bit over the top as far as I am concerned. How to manage this is going to be a challenge for sure. Why does this have to be like this. I think there should be a limit to injury's. I can really ruin a season.

milleram

Re: injury's

PostFri Oct 01, 2021 6:12 pm

It happens to all of us sooner or later.

There is one failsafe though--if you get down to 9 hitters on a DH team, or 8 on a noDH, no one else can get injured until someone comes off injury list. Not much consolation if all backups are 50 cent guys, but it avoids pitchers having to go into the field just to cover.

Some people (including me) like to play high injury teams as a strategy--High injury cards are cheaper as they factor in expected missed games in the pricing--so you get a team full of high injury cards (I generally go with only 13 hitters) with a bunch that can play multiple spots--maybe go with a 0 injury guy at one or two spots (say SS) so you don't have to cover them at all--you can usually get away with one cheap guy, but the other 12 should be all decent hitting.

This year with injury ratings at 4 max--it's hard to do, but most seasons it is a viable strategy.

Here is one of my successful injury teams from way back--I've had bad ones too--but this gives an idea of a high injury team.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1443762

Bballexec

Re: injury's

PostMon Oct 04, 2021 2:41 am

I am only on my 30th team, but it does seem that most of my teams have a period during the season were I have 3-5 injuries all the same time. Some of my teams do have a couple of high injury guys, but sometimes multiple guys with a 1 injury rating get hurt at the same time. When that happens, I try to keep the best possible defense and then order my lineup based on expected OBA average and then hope the pitching carries the team.
Dave C in SNC

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx