Too Many players HBP!!!!!!!! Problem solved

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

paul j kiggins

Too Many players HBP!!!!!!!! Problem solved

PostSat Apr 17, 2021 8:31 am

I created a brawl chart in the mid 80s to go along with it,
The Christopher Hurley Strat-O-Matic Basebrawl Chart
An optional game enhancement I created in the late 80s, to be used after first or second HBP of a game.
Split Result
1. Batter tries to charge mound but is tackled by catcher.
BRAWL – Batter is ejected, pitcher is warned.
2. Batter is plunked and takes first base.
3. Batter stares at pitcher and slowly walks to first base.
4. Batter charges mound.
BRAWL – Batter and pitcher are both ejected.
5. Batter brushes himself off and takes first base.
6. Batter and pitcher exchange words. Batter takes first base.
7. Batter walks slowly to first pointing his finger at pitcher. Pitcher meets him halfway to first.
BRAWL – Pitcher and batter are both ejected. Both teams are warned.
8. Batter is hit by pitch. Umpire ejects pitcher for purposely throwing at batter. Pitcher manager is also ejected.
9. Batter is hit by pitch. Pitcher is warned.
10. Batter stares out at pitcher before trotting to first. Catcher tells batter it was a change-up. Batter walks back to the catcher (ala Reggie Jackson and Gary Allenson in 1983).
BRAWL – Both catcher and batter are ejected.
11. Batter is beaned and may need to be lifted for pinch runner.
Die roll 1-3-6 = pinch runner. Dice roll 2-4-5 batter takes first.
12. Batter takes first.
13. Batter charges mound. MAJOR BRAWL - Both batter and pitcher are ejected along with 2 additional players from both teams.
To determine the players (Basic version) do a 2-12 dice roll.
2=catcher; 3=3rd; 4=SS; 5=LF; 6=RF; 7=CF; 8=2nd; 9=1st; 10=DH/RP; 11=bench player; 12=bench player.
OR (advanced version) look up team rosters at:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/.../2019-uniform...
Then use number generator http://numbergenerator.org/randomnumbergenerator/1-20
With all player jersey numbers in play. For example: 1984 Boston Red Sox had players #1-51). If jersey number picked is open, keep picking numbers until all the players are selected.
14. Batter is restrained by catcher, batter and pitcher have words. Batters manager threatens to retaliate and is ejected. Pitcher is warned.
15. Batter flips off pitcher and takes first. Batters team is warned.
16. Batter takes two steps toward first then charges mound.
BRAWL – Amazingly umpire ejects no one but warns batter’s team.
17. Batter is hit by pitch and takes first.
18. Batter is restrained by catcher. Batter and pitcher have words. Pitcher is warned.
19. HBP team manager yells at pitcher. Pitcher invites manager to the mound. Manager charges mound (ala Dave Stewart and Pat Corrales in 1984). BRAWL – Pitcher and manager are ejected.
20. Batter is beaned and knocked out cold. Possible injury. On deck hitter charges mound.
BRAWL – pitcher is injured in scrum and has to leave game. On deck hitter is ejected. Check injury chart to see if batter remains in game.
Please note: Whenever a manager is ejected, that team is unable to steal, hit and run, and pull infield in.
I recently updated #13 to include player selection by jersey number. I have found this method much better in terms of pure randomness and unpredictability. I also use it in Strat-O-Matic Hockey when it comes to selecting injured players after a rebound wipes out the original injury (those who play the hockey game know what I’m talking about).
Christopher Hurley is a multimedia sports journalist and longtime Strat-O-Matic fan. His friend Jimmy Fallon got him into the baseball game in the early 80s, and he continued on getting the hockey game a year later.

Radagast Brown

Re: Too Many players HBP!!!!!!!! Problem solved

PostMon Apr 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Nice.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx