Replacement needed for Keeper league

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Replacement needed for Keeper league

PostWed Mar 31, 2021 5:51 pm

Replacement needed for a good team in the Socially Distant League of Extraordinary Nerds league. We're still conducting our FA draft and the team available (with a For Sale sign at the top) currently has 31 of 40 picks rostered. You draft nine more players.

And then we conduct the prospect draft. It's got a hook to it and I'll tell you all about it. Here's a link to our league spreadsheet...https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dit#gid=17

Ninersphan

Re: Replacement needed for Keeper league

PostThu Apr 01, 2021 1:23 pm

Give it to me. Or at least tell me the hook cause the rules don’t mention anything unusual.

fredpaii

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 12:35 am

Ninersphan wrote:Give it to me. Or at least tell me the hook cause the rules don’t mention anything unusual.

Well, we have the first round of the prospect draft in the traditional 1-12 individual player picking format. Then we change it up with a team drafted in the 2nd round from which we select three prospects to complete our prospect draft!

Niners, you want the team? It's yours if you do.

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 8:29 am

So I can draft any prospect in round 1 but then in round 2 I have taken a team, say Seattle, and then select 3 prospects from them???
Have I got that right?

How long are you allowed to keep prospects as prospects? Most keepers have it as two years but with this rule might be better to extend that to three or four.

Either way I’ll take the team.

Also is the free agent draft for the season completed?? What happened with the previous owner, did he do the draft and then bail???

fredpaii

PostFri Apr 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Ninersphan wrote:So I can draft any prospect in round 1 but then in round 2 I have taken a team, say Seattle, and then select 3 prospects from them???
Have I got that right?

How long are you allowed to keep prospects as prospects? Most keepers have it as two years but with this rule might be better to extend that to three or four.

Either way I’ll take the team.

Also is the free agent draft for the season completed?? What happened with the previous owner, did he do the draft and then bail???

I can close this thread now that you have decided to pick up the team. Two years for prospects in prospect status.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx