got an email for 2 free credits due to data breach

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Zizka

Re: got an email for 2 free credits due to data breach

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 1:39 am

geekor wrote:
Zizka wrote:In fairness, Strat-O cirrected the hold up.

hahahaha that's not fairness, that's a minimum.

The fact they leaked financial data holds them 100% responsible, that's the law. I'm not sure how the email is worded, but they should pay for ANY money lost in getting your identity back, if stolen, as well as at least 2 years protection.

That's a minimum for any breach financial data.

All the charges made by the crook who stole my card were caught by the card company because I have card protection. The charges were all reversed and nothing was charged to me. I got new cards and everything is right with the world. I reject your reality and replace it with my own! Haha! :D

freeman

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 6:29 am

I tend to agree with Geekor. If it was just about the unauthorized charges on a card that got corrected that would be one thing. But you got crooks with some of your financial information and it's prudent to worry about the potential ramifications of that. I know I spent some money for security. If you have complete confidence that this wont affect you negatively in the future, thats fine. I am just not so sure.

But my loss was small and the inconvenience was relatively minor (other than worry that something else will happen down the line), so the two credits is enough for me. As long as there is no identify theft it's not a big deal (and I took steps to guard against that). I'll continue playing and forget about it. But do I think Strat as the party that failed to properly secure its site (whether they could argue in a court of law they were not negligent is beside the point) should approach people who were directly affected and offer identify theft protection? Yeah, I do. For a year at least.

Meanwhile...back to playing!

Paul_Long71

PostTue Mar 16, 2021 2:37 pm

still haven't heard anything from strat..... luckily my bank caught the charges and I didn't get charged the $1000+ that was attempted to be spent on my breached card.

I did have to get a new card etc...

just poor customer communications. wonder how they determined who to give credits to and who not to????

Radagast Brown

PostWed Mar 17, 2021 3:12 pm

I bought credits in December. They had better send me some credits.

Paul_Long71

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 6:14 pm

I emailed strat on 3/17 regarding the issue and have not heard back from them at all. I would have thought a company would have at least acknowledged the email.

geekor

Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx