no more SP*

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

visick

Re: no more SP*

PostWed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm

If they are doing away with the 4 man *SP rotation,
I think the default salary cap should be $90m.

ScumbyJr

PostWed Jan 27, 2021 8:45 pm

I agree than a higher Payroll is needed to compensate for a deeper bullpen.

Terry101

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 am

STEVE F wrote:Long overdue

Yes- good move

freeman

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 1:05 pm

It looks like pitchers in recent years have topped out at 33 with maybe 1 or 2 guys getting 34 (Chachin had 35 in 2018) so I am not sure they need to mess around around with off days. As far as pitching getting cheaper I guess at the top end of the scale. I dont know why we need to go a higher salary cap. *pitchers were more expensive because they pitched more innings. So you could put that extra money into relief. Yes, it's more cost efficient to have 4* pitchers, but a lot of times that wasnt very easy to do, already. I would be very opposed to changing the standard cap. At least let's look at it for a year before considering making a major change like that. Ive had good pitching staffs without one* pitcher. Example:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1584270

geekor

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 2:29 pm

freeman wrote:It looks like pitchers in recent years have topped out at 33 with maybe 1 or 2 guys getting 34 (Chachin had 35 in 2018) so I am not sure they need to mess around around with off days. As far as pitching getting cheaper I guess at the top end of the scale. I dont know why we need to go a higher salary cap. *pitchers were more expensive because they pitched more innings. So you could put that extra money into relief. Yes, it's more cost efficient to have 4* pitchers, but a lot of times that wasnt very easy to do, already. I would be very opposed to changing the standard cap. At least let's look at it for a year before considering making a major change like that. Ive had good pitching staffs without one* pitcher. Example:

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1584270

The problem is there are no rest days in Strat, there are no Sept call up, there are no going though 25+ different pitchers via call ups to help with the burden of innings pitched.

Last year with the bullpen changes and now this, they keep pushing the "this is modern baseball" line, but ignore how those actual teams get like that. They don't allow us even the S1 starters.

I'm fine for realism, if you go all the way. But cherry picking what you want to change, which pushes a burden on how we play the game, without modernizing the entire thing reeks of the usual half ass shit SOM always pulls. It's a reason why their football game is a failure, and many have left the baseball game.

visick

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 6:17 pm

Respectfully freeman...

I think you're wrong.

Your link is from AT & T. You can have a terrible 5th starter in that park.

What about a park that is more conducive to homeruns? That 5th starter is going to get killed.

ScumbyJr

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 6:48 pm

visick wrote:Respectfully freeman...

I think you're wrong.

Your link is from AT & T. You can have a terrible 5th starter in that park.

What about a park that is more conducive to homeruns? That 5th starter is going to get killed.

A lot of "starters" are now SP/RP. I noticed SP5/RP4 guys like Pena get used a lot even if no role setting is chosen. On top of that SP only cards are occasionally put in relief now.

freeman

PostThu Jan 28, 2021 7:39 pm

I have to admit I dont really play much in very offensive parks. I like extreme pitchers' parks like Marlins or ATT&T or all the power parks with low bp singles or high singles low power like Kaufman. Or lefty parks like Progressive or Chase. But parks with both power and singles...I'm at a little bit of a loss as to what to do.

But how about this gem of a pitching staff--21 mill to get a 4 ERA, shouldnt have done better in that league-- in Progressive which aint a bad offensive park...

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1596076
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx